Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you listening to?

Edward

Bartender
Currently listening to Johnny Cash in the background while I get on with some marking ahead of the final week of term (the powers that be at the university for which I work clearly don't care about observing an Easter Holiday - though I do get the two statutory bank holidays - so our term rolls right on over Easter). I've also recently been tracking Youtube recently for new bits. I'm a bit of a sucker for modern pop songs recast in an older, rockabilly style. These guys are a prime example:

This one is great too:

Edward

Bartender
Edging into a more modern period, The New Piccadillys (I hope they put out an album I can track down, still looking...) are a recent discovery. Their musical stylings come from the Beatles if they'd stuck with rock and roll, while fast-forwarding to the later sixties and seventies for material. It's quite the mix.

Jimi was a big Beatles fan, I'm sure he'd have loved this:

As was Joey Ramone....

Joe Strummer and the Clash boys were clear indeed that by the tail end of the seventies, at least, "phoney Beatlemania [had] bitten the dust", but all the same...

DaveProc

I'll Lock Up
My wife and I were at this show.
We will be back to see DMB in Mansfield in 8 weeks with our 10 year old daughter for her first concert as a surprise.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112