Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you listening to?

anon`

One Too Many
Sonata Arctica - Deathaura

51nEoeHvrVL._SS400_.jpg

Lenore

Practically Family
KCEA.org via Internet Radio on my e71... stupid administrator access required on my work computer...

*hmph* Next time my IT guy comes around I'm going politely request he download winamp lite... *bats eyelashes*

LizzieMaine

Bartender
78s to be put in my place by the cat by --

Now playing, one of Cole Porter's less-remembered "list songs," as performed in 1935 by Paul Whiteman and his Orchestra, with Ken Darby and Ramona teaming on the vocal for "A Picture of Me Without You." "Picture Mr. Heinz, my dear, without a pickle!"

Next up, following a commercial for Ironized Yeast ("She's so skinny and run down!"), it's Fran Frey and his Orchestra in 1934 swiping a page from Bing's book with "Learn To Croon." Mr. Frey himself offers a delightfully-insincere take on the vocal.

Mr. 'H'

Call Me a Cab
Chet Baker - Let's Get Lost

Carlisle Blues said:
That song is special to me :D :D :D

Here is the link I have

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0ZBaZoBCaA

Yes, it's an amazing, poignant song. Baker was an so talented, I love this "cool" jazz. Did you see the movie by the same name ("Let's Get Lost")? I saw in in the theater and I was really moved by it. Did you know he pumped gas for years and nobody recognized him?

The drugs messed him up.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Game 4 of the 1941 World Series, as described by Bob Elson and Red Barber. Brooklyn leads the Yankees 4-3 in the top of the 9th, with two out. Two strikes on Tommy Henrich, and Hugh Casey is throwing smoke. Looks like the Bums win this one, as Henrich takes a vicious curve for a swinging strike three -- oh, wait...............GET THE BALL! GET THE BALL! AAAAAAAARGH!

mickey-owen.jpg

Lenore

Practically Family
LizzieMaine said:
Game 4 of the 1941 World Series, as described by Bob Elson and Red Barber. Brooklyn leads the Yankees 4-3 in the top of the 9th, with two out. Two strikes on Tommy Henrich, and Hugh Casey is throwing smoke. Looks like the Bums win this one, as Henrich takes a vicious curve for a swinging strike three -- oh, wait...............GET THE BALL! GET THE BALL! AAAAAAAARGH!

mickey-owen.jpg

Lizzie,

Where do you find these awesome things?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner