Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Are You Reading

byronic

One of the Regulars
AmateisGal said:
When I saw this book, I immediately wanted to snatch it up, but didn't at the time. I'm anxious to hear what you think of it.
-amateis, i am only halfway through the book but its a rattling good yarn. he was a less than perfect man, but was determined to do some good, and the second world war brought out the best in him- as it it did in so many others. highly recommended.

i can also recommend 'a foreign field', also by ben macintyre, also a true story, but from world war one. more a love story. be warned- a handkerchief is required at the end.

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
Just finished Lawrence Joseph's, Apocalypse 2012, a book that discusses all the prophecies and theories and warnings about the end times that are supposed to happen in 4 1/2 years.

Quite an interesting book, although I won't hold my breath on 2012.

karol

Mary

Practically Family
Himmel by Torbjörn Flykt. About people living in Malmö. It's allright but not great.

Is there a page for book reviews on books on fashion and shoes? I want to write some..

DerMann

Practically Family
Just about half-way through Kipling's The Jungle Book. Finally have time to read the books I'd like to now that I don't have to worry about school or work (coincidentally I used to work at a library...).

Maguire

Practically Family
Finally started Milestones. So far i'm impressed. I have to say the For My Legionaries book was definitely one of the best reads i've had all year.. really an amazing work. Milestones should be my first delving into Islam related topics on philosophy and political thought, and so far so good.

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Door through Darkness by Sister Eileen Lyddon,
an Anglican nun whose insight into the 16th Century mystic,
St John of the Cross employs recent Carmelite translation
in favor of E. Allison Peers' earlier work, illumining John's
poetry and prose; albeit with a slightly erroneous theological epilogue.

olive bleu

One Too Many
f4d9_1_sbl.JPG

Cassie Chadwick was Cleveland’s most famous con artist in the early 20th century,...i found this in a box of books in our church storage room...a fun read..breezed through it in 2 days:)

tortswon

Practically Family
Grifter's Game

I just picked up this one by Lawrence Block. It's part of the Hard Case Crime catalog and I'm really enjoying it. I have enjoyed the work from this series so much that I joined the book club. It's a pretty good deal.

thebadmamajama

Practically Family
Just finished up "Ball of Fire" (Lucille Ball bio), "Ragtime" by E.L. Doctorow, and am now reading Catherine Marshall's "Christy" along with some French lit for grad school.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR