Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Are You Reading

Lady Blue

Familiar Face
I've finally gotten around to reading Hatless Jack by Neil Steinberg. So far there is much on Kennedy, not too much on hats. I hope that changes because the reason I bought it was to read up on the history of hats in the US!

Harp

I'll Lock Up
carebear said:
Chock full of old-cold and snow-go rhyming. :D

AQR's 'Hidden Alaska' feature has intriguing experimental and
innovative poetry; especially one gem titled: Architects of the Air,
and another nugget about Russian atrocities against native Aleuts; both
excellent and quite haunting. Some of the best poetry is emerging from
Alaska, most notably from the feminine perspective, which seems the
more dominant and insightful talent. :)

carebear

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Harp said:
AQR's 'Hidden Alaska' feature has intriguing experimental and
innovative poetry; especially one gem titled: Architects of the Air,
and another nugget about Russian atrocities against native Aleuts; both
excellent and quite haunting. Some of the best poetry is emerging from
Alaska, most notably from the feminine perspective, which seems the
more dominant and insightful talent. :)

Us men are too busy wrestling bears and gold panning. :D

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
Matt Deckard said:
Moonraker

I see you are.......

mattbook.jpg
[/IMG]

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Books Books Books!

Jeez. Here I thought I was going to need 100 extra lifetimes to read all the books I want to read, and here you guys start me off on another 100 more.
Well, I'm just about through Churchill's WWII vol 2, Their Finest Hour, which means I only have 2408 pages to go till VJ day.

Helen Troy

A-List Customer
"Travels with Charlie" by John Steinbeck. Not his best, which means that it is "only" wonderful. Oh, and "How to win friends and influence people" form 193somthing, just for fun. This must be one of the first self-help books ever?

Mojave Jack

One Too Many
dhermann1 said:
Jeez. Here I thought I was going to need 100 extra lifetimes to read all the books I want to read, and here you guys start me off on another 100 more.
Well, I'm just about through Churchill's WWII vol 2, Their Finest Hour, which means I only have 2408 pages to go till VJ day.
Ah! Then on to A History of the English-Speaking Peoples? A mere four volumes, after all.

I've had the box set on my shelf for years, and just never had the commitment to start it. It sits and waits, like The Fountainhead. I have so much reading that I should be doing, that guilt prevents me from picking up anything I that I can't read in a weekend! lol This thread will probably get me into trouble, too, dhermann!

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Mojave Jack said:
Ah! Then on to A History of the English-Speaking Peoples? A mere four volumes, after all.

I've had the box set on my shelf for years, and just never had the commitment to start it. It sits and waits, like The Fountainhead. I have so much reading that I should be doing, that guilt prevents me from picking up anything I that I can't read in a weekend! lol This thread will probably get me into trouble, too, dhermann!

...and when reading Churchill, brandy and cigars are mandatory. :cool2:

houndstoothhat

New in Town
Thanks Harp...I haven't read Junction Boys yet, but I have read more than a half dozen more books on the man. I wish there were more fedora-wearing coaches around these days. I guess its a bygone era. :( Oh well, I can always hope

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ormbingley