Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you Writing?

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Have some exciting news that I can't really share TOO publicly, so I'll just give the abbreviated version: I sold my novel to a major publisher, and am currently working on edits. I wrote this novel 5 or 6 years ago, and my agent had a tough time selling it, so I shelved it. That being said, it's very challenging to go back to an old manuscript and edit it. There's been a lot of cringing.

Have some exciting news that I can't really share TOO publicly, so I'll just give the abbreviated version: I sold my novel to a major publisher, and am currently working on edits. I wrote this novel 5 or 6 years ago, and my agent had a tough time selling it, so I shelved it. That being said, it's very challenging to go back to an old manuscript and edit it. There's been a lot of cringing.

Congratulations that is fantastic and exciting. Can't wait to hear more about it when you can share.

Tiki Tom

My Mail is Forwarded Here

Wow! I like good news. That is thrilling! Hearty congratulations to you! See? Hard work pays off. You have talent. We never had any doubts! I'll raise a glass in your honor this weekend!

Just Jim

A-List Customer
Congrats!

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up

I can finally share details!

My novel, THE STRANGER FROM BERLIN, will be published (tentatively) August 2021 from Simon & Schuster UK!!!

Historical fiction set in Nebraska during WW2. Super, super excited to share it with the world!

It's about a German refugee from Berlin who escapes Nazi Germany and ends up in a small Nebraska town.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Still plugging away on my novel about an American-made Nazi bent on sabotage in the Midwest during WW2. I'm halfway done, and hoping to have it finished by the end of February, but thinking that might be a little too optimistic.

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Ha! If only! That would be super cool, though!

I dimly recall a film about a former Nazi who surfaces in an American town. Orson Welles.?..interesting concept.

When I was a kid my Chicago south side neighborhood had German refugees whom had escaped the war
or left Germany soon after. Chinese, and Japanese US Army vets. Jews with arm tattoos visible while riding
the bus. And, the daily milk wagon drawn by horse.

I dimly recall a film about a former Nazi who surfaces in an American town. Orson Welles.?..interesting concept.....

This might be the movie you are referencing:
71spCKxu1PL._SL1000_.jpg
From IMDB: Wilson of the War Crimes Commission is seeking Franz Kindler, mastermind of the Holocaust, who has effectively erased his identity. Wilson releases Kindler's former comrade Meinike and follows him to Harper, Connecticut, where he is killed before he can identify Kindler. Now Wilson's only clue is Kindler's fascination with antique clocks; but, though Kindler seems secure in his new identity, he feels his past closing in.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0038991/

Tiki Tom

My Mail is Forwarded Here
After setting it aside for two years, I’m now polishing up my murder mystery that is set in Hawaii. A newcomer, who is not that thrilled about moving to Hawaii, soon finds himself wrapped up in a murder investigation that involves espionage, haunting mysteries of the Hawaiian kingdom, and a beautiful seaplane pilot. A lot of the action takes place at a famous old tiki bar whose owner witnessed the attack on Pearl Harbor. In the end, the newcomer finds himself more open-minded and sympathetic about his new home. The working title is “Murder, Mai Tais, and Malihini” with the subtitle “Tales from the Tiki Bar.”

Am thankful that it seems to hold up under a critical reading with fresh eyes. Will likely go the self-publishing route with in the next few months.

Last edited:

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Working on the script for our next "Strand On The Air" broadcast -- this one will be the "Don't Let The Internet Get You Down" edition, including an exclusive interview with the actual Internet itself -- who is not at all happy with how it's being used these days -- and a visit to Abysmal Point, where the locals are confronted by an online conspiracy theory revolving around DNA-altering clam people.

Harp

I'll Lock Up
View attachment 299951
From IMDB: Wilson of the War Crimes Commission is seeking Franz Kindler, mastermind of the Holocaust, who has effectively erased his identity. Wilson releases Kindler's former comrade Meinike and follows him to Harper, Connecticut, where he is killed before he can identify Kindler. Now Wilson's only clue is Kindler's fascination with antique clocks; but, though Kindler seems secure in his new identity, he feels his past closing in.

Nailed it. I had forgotten how lovely Loretta Young was.

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Working on the script for our next "Strand On The Air" broadcast -- this one will be the "Don't Let The Internet Get You Down" edition, including an exclusive interview with the actual Internet itself -- who is not at all happy with how it's being used these days -- and a visit to Abysmal Point, where the locals are confronted by an online conspiracy theory revolving around DNA-altering clam people.

Very intriguing subject. Listening now to NPR, and, after last week, veiled reference to censor as opposed
to open dialogue by a polite, clipped British accented former BBC correspondent. The other day MSNBC
featured a panel advocating similar sentiment. And, of course, action contemplated incumbent personage.
I cannot wait for House articles to be published; admittedly I think like a lawyer and object speculative
lead, yet while not fact conversant relative case, the argument itself is a feast for thought.
Clam chowder is fine, I just love constitutional soup.
Freedom of Speech forever.

Last edited:

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
View attachment 299951

Yep, this is it!

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
After setting it aside for two years, I’m now polishing up my murder mystery that is set in Hawaii. A newcomer, who is not that thrilled about moving to Hawaii, soon finds himself wrapped up in a murder investigation that involves espionage, haunting mysteries of the Hawaiian kingdom, and a beautiful seaplane pilot. A lot of the action takes place at a famous old tiki bar whose owner witnessed the attack on Pearl Harbor. In the end, the newcomer finds himself more open-minded and sympathetic about his new home. The working title is “Murder, Mai Tais, and Malihini” with the subtitle “Tales from the Tiki Bar.”

Am thankful that it seems to hold up under a critical reading with fresh eyes. Will likely go the self-publishing route with in the next few months.
This sounds wonderful! Best of luck in your publishing endeavors!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko