Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are your favorite Aero designs?

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Here is my current list (as of 7/18/15). I'm sure it will change tomorrow.

-Dustbowl (good name too)
-Mulligan (Fanch's looks great)
-****** (duh. Though I don't think I'll order one after all)
-Barnstormer (simply an engineering feat)
-Long Half Belt
-Highwayman

I think the nicest all around jacket is the Premier Work Coat. Not on my list though. Also that multi panel Irvin.

Runner ups: Wayfarer, Maxwell and Plainsman, A-2 w/collar stand (like Sloan's).

Last edited:

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The Premiere Work Coat is a nice jacket, but I don't care for the bit of wool at the collar. Particularly with the brown HH, that area looks very nice as the jacket gets broken in and, because it's near your face, gets a lot of attention from people talking to you.

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I stayed with brown alpaca. I wanted to sew a tartan over the alpaca, but they don't do it anymore. I flirted with some tweed. I need it as a heavy winter jacket, so I needed something like alpaca etc. it was posted yesterday from Aero. I'm looking forward to it.

I couldn't resist any more. I'm joining the Hercules club as well.
Through Thurston, Black Vicenza with OD contrast stitching, Grey Alpaca Wool lining kept the storm cuffs in, this will be my winter jacket as well.

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
I couldn't resist any more. I'm joining the Hercules club as well.
Through Thurston, Black Vicenza with OD contrast stitching, Grey Alpaca Wool lining kept the storm cuffs in, this will be my winter jacket as well.
Sounds great! The exchange absolutely Flogged me. From the time I got measurements etc in, it had gone from 56 pence to 44pence on payment day.
Next up is a teamster in seal Vincenzo or cordovan. Either way, I'm really looking forward to this.

Edgar Laurel

One of the Regulars
I have a clear list of favourites...

The absolute number 1 - Zipp Sleeve Highwayman
The other favourites:
- Board Racer
- Half-Belt
- Dustbowl (both one and two tone)
- J 106 (two-tone)
- Original Hercules
- Elvis
- King of the Road
- Grizzly (this one is growing on me)
- Wayfarer
- Aero "Real Deal" 42-15142-P Type A-2
- Aeromarine
-Air Corps US Army A-1
- CR

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
My latest list (revised) in no particular order:

-Black Vicenza Sheene without zippers on handwarmer pockets
-Seal Brown Vicenza Mulligan (or Maxwell) without chest pocket
-Brown FQHH Teamster
-Dark Brown Vicenza Aero Bronco A-2
-Seal Brown Vicenza Premier Highwaymen
-Black Vicenza 1930's Half Belt

Insomnia

One of the Regulars
Sheene = Cafe Racer with Highwayman collar
Premier 1930's Half Belt
Cafe Racer
Board Racer
Highwayman
Dustbowl
Route 66

ChiTownScion

Call Me a Cab
Military flight jackets. Everyone has their favorite Aero products- I get that. But for my money there is nothing that beats the look of those jackets worn by men who took to the skies to "right a deadly wrong:" the ANJ-4, B-3, the RAF Irvin, A-2, B-6, and those Navy jackets as well.

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
Hmmmmm, favourite. Thats a hard one.
In present order:-
Teamster in, may I say, 'conker brown'.
Fleece lined Vicenza Thunderbay(just received today) Pics when cold enough and I can find a decent prop.
Barnstormer(double breasted with belt, the original) personal I think this looks best in black leather, probably Vicenza.
Highwayman black or brown.

I love A2s but really ,and it is only my opinion, they suit a more slimline figure than I now have.

Edward

Bartender
I'm thinking about the Herc but I can't justify it really as it's never cold enough here. Maybe in a light HH and cotton drill lining. No pocket flaps. Hate them. Really I'm looking for an Aero version of this Sears (minus the belt) as worn by Clooney in a forgettable movie, Leatherheads.

View attachment 32226

For Leatherheads, Clooney worked with Belstaff. It seems likely they contracted out the jacket he himself wore for the film (Tony Nowak is said to have claimed to have made it, which would be feasible). After the film's release, Belstaff did a production run version (non-distressed):

belstaff_dodge_713738-001.jpg

I remember reading a post at the time where Paddy talked aboutg having tried one on in the Belstaff shop - he seemed unimpressed, when compared to the likes of Aero, both in terms of quality and price.

The closest Aero I've seen in the Northeaster:

3155550bb6835f24_northeaster-500.jpg

Biggest difference there is the lack of yoke and the different belt-type, but it's otherwise roughly in he same ballpark.

Plumbline

One Too Many
It's probably nearer to the SB Spiegel ... which I'm sure they'd be happy to do without the flap pockets. ( not a thread hijack .. or an advert fro SB .... just thought it was closer to the Belstaff )
spiegel-jerkyhorse-seal-brown-jacket.jpg

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
That looks awfully familiar to me. You'd think somebody at SB had copied Aero's Hercules pattern or something and stuck their LHB pockets on it...

Plumbline

One Too Many
It's still a closer match than the Northeaster ..... do Aero still make this "Hercules" .. oh and you do know where the "Hercules" name came from Sloanie ... right ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk