Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are your favorite Aero designs?

TartuWolf

Practically Family
Just to revive an old thread that I stumbled upon..
From the current Aero lineup I'm mostly drawn to the Hooch Hauler, Moonshiner and the Maxwell.

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
Just to revive an old thread that I stumbled upon..
From the current Aero lineup I'm mostly drawn to the Hooch Hauler, Moonshiner and the Maxwell.
Hooch Hauler has always been my favorite by far. If it weren't too long for me I'd probably have one

TartuWolf

Practically Family
@dudewuttheheck
What do you mean by too long?
From my perspective the pattern isn't particularly long and body length is always the most customizable measurement together with the sleeve length.
Although I understand that tinkering too much with it can distort the proportions of the jacket.

Unrelated : Have read a lot of your blog posts and got a lot of useful information from them, thanks for all the work that you've done for this community!

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
@dudewuttheheck
What do you mean by too long?
From my perspective the pattern isn't particularly long and body length is always the most customizable measurement together with the sleeve length.
Although I understand that tinkering too much with it can distort the proportions of the jacket.

Unrelated : Have read a lot of your blog posts and got a lot of useful information from them, thanks for all the work that you've done for this community!
I'm not saying it's incorrectly long. It looks good on most people, but my ideal back length is 21.5-22.5". The Hooch Hauler is much longer than that.

newtojackets

Practically Family
I don't own one, but I think I'd have to give it to the Daytona. Pretty much the 106, but with handwarmer pockets

Jasonissm

Practically Family
Really like the Ridley from what I've seen on it so far. Is it a Thurston Bros exclusive model?

Craig from Craigslist

One of the Regulars
Picture borrowed from this post. If I could wear only one jacket from Aero it'd probably be the Rockafella/ LVC Rockabilly. I have a hard time thinking of another repro maker doing anything like it right now. It's one of my favorite back designs on a jacket which is unusual for me since I generally like simplicity. Also, and I mean this as a huge compliment, but from the front it almost looks like a conservatively-styled East West jacket if you squint your eyes a little.

1675296495540.png

Last edited:

Fonzie

One Too Many
Picture borrowed from this post. If I could only one jacket from Aero it'd probably be the Rockafella/ LVC Rockabilly. I have a hard time thinking of another repro maker doing anything like it right now. It's one of my favorite back designs on a jacket which is unusual for me since I generally like simplicity. Also, and I mean this as a huge compliment, but from the front it almost looks like a conservatively-styled East West jacket if you squint your eyes a little.

View attachment 485880
There’s a pretty cool black one in the classifieds now if you’re a 38.

Edward

Bartender
Picture borrowed from this post. If I could only one jacket from Aero it'd probably be the Rockafella/ LVC Rockabilly. I have a hard time thinking of another repro maker doing anything like it right now. It's one of my favorite back designs on a jacket which is unusual for me since I generally like simplicity. Also, and I mean this as a huge compliment, but from the front it almost looks like a conservatively-styled East West jacket if you squint your eyes a little.

View attachment 485880

The E/W link makes sense. This is the sort of 1940s designs that acted as a start point for design cues in the 1970s era that E/W really takes its nods from.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ