Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are your favorite quotes about hats?

GHT

I'll Lock Up
"Get A-Head...Get A Hat!!"
The catchphrase ‘If you want to get ahead, get a hat’ originates from a marketing campaign by the Hatters’ Development Council in 1948...

As fashions became less formal, research showed that 4 out of 5 men under 35 were ‘unkindly indifferent’ to what a good hat could do for their appearance and hence British hatmakers came up with a campaign to encourage men to wear hats. “The value of a hat to their careers will be impressed upon them, and to show that hatters are not without an eye for romance the bare-headed will be informed that eight out of ten young women prefer men with hats.”

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for posting that! :) That scene has stuck in my memory for thirty five odd years, but until I stumbled over this thread today I'd no idea what film it was in, so didn't even know what to go searching for. Nice to see it again after all these decades. :)
I love this scene.
EVERY time i see James Garner, hear his voice, it reminds me of my father.
Always has, always will.
Rest in peace James and Jim Jim.
B

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Gil Favor, "Rawhide":
The cowhand's hat is the first thing he puts on when he gets up. And the last thing he takes off when he beds down. Some of the wide brim shades his eyes from the sun. In winter, he pulls the brim down, ties it over his ears to avoid frostbite. Uses the crown as a bucket and the brim as a drinkin' cup. That's why a cowhand'll get the best hat he can. 'Cause it's got to serve a dozen purposes its maker never dreamed of. The same thing goes for the men wearin' the hats. I know. I'm Gil Favor, trail boss.

Attachments

• 76f41f83dcd0ef549b113989ec5eea03.jpg
    76f41f83dcd0ef549b113989ec5eea03.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 22

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner