Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Did You Drink Last Night?

rue

Rue, I saw that you posted right after me and thought, "now does she think it's the temp thread?" :D I know you post on several other threads here, it was just funny to see your post so soon.

Yes, I'm awake but that does explain the foggy feeling I had this morning. Hopefully I didn't rant to BD too much in that PM :rolleyes:

lol no Dan'l, I know what thread I'm on hehehehe..... You ARE foggy today :p I'm just subscribed to this thread and happen to be sitting here looking something up.

I'm sure BD will understand ;)

You need to stay away from that Wild Turkey :D

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
Highly.
I think there is no better accompaniment to osso bucco and risotto.

Well I just did a spot of Googling and I can get it in a large Off Licence that's pretty close to where I live - plus you can get it in a great Italian restaurant (which I haven't been to in a few years but is well worth a revisit) in town - will make it my business to check it out - thanks for the tip!

dnjan

One Too Many
Mine too.
But my mother has some disposable income- so I convinced her she likes Amarone, (and Barolo) ;)
And Brunello?

I usually have to settle for Rosso di Montalcino (still a nice wine, but not a Brunello!)

Back on topic - Hoping to be over this cold soon so I can be drinking something other than hot herbal tea after work ...

Of course I remember Pabst man, and that is mighty kind of you!

No liquor tonight, don't even wanna look at a beer. Just Diet Dr. Pepper (and maybe a splash of Old Thompson ;) )

We shouldn't hijack this thread since it isn't the temperature thread :D but let me check with my parents to see if dad still has any PBR memorabilla from the 70s. Remeber Pabst Man?
IF, anything is still around you may get a parcel from me. Dad is not a packrat so I don't know what might still be around.

What is this thread, oh yes, in addition to the Wild Turkey I had a couple of Blue Moons.

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Yes, I'm awake but that does explain the foggy feeling I had this morning. Hopefully I didn't rant to BD too much in that PM :rolleyes:

Dan'l, don't know what you mean! :)

The Green Chartreuse arrived today......and the Stoli is in the freezer.....uh oh!

Danny O

Oooh, bartender Ocean...top me up! I'll be at the Club late this eve, yes, even though it's a school night!

X
BD

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
BD, in your latest avatar you look like you just lost your best friend, or perhaps you're merely wistful. Either way, it's too saddening. Better pour a lively drink for the evening!

Brad

rumblefish

One Too Many
And Brunello?

I usually have to settle for Rosso di Montalcino (still a nice wine, but not a Brunello!)

Back on topic - Hoping to be over this cold soon so I can be drinking something other than hot herbal tea after work ...
Did I forget to mention Sangiovese, and Barbaresco for that matter?;)
Hope you're feeling better.:cheers1:

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
BD, in your latest avatar you look like you just lost your best friend, or perhaps you're merely wistful. Either way, it's too saddening. Better pour a lively drink for the evening!

Brad

Hi Brad,
Even though the photo is an old one, it captures my usual mood: wistful and melancholic. *lol* I'll change it shortly with something more 'lively.' Certainly don't mean to project or evoke sadness!

Hi BD,

No problem, I guessed you'd be in tonight! Table is booked at the usual Italian, by the way.

Danny O
x

Thanks Danny O, it was divine! ;0
X
BD

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
They claimed it was a martini, but it was basically just cold gin in a glass. Not bad, I do like gin, but I might have to start specifying proportions, and also tell them to stir the darn thing instead of shaking it.

Last edited:

brspiritus

One of the Regulars
Yesterday was dad's birthday so I had 2 Vodka Martini's (Sobieski Vodka and Noilly Pratt Vermouth) and we shared a bottle of Chilean Pinot Noir with dinner (homemade cheesesteaks).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot