Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Did You Drink Last Night?

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
I had some Buffalo Trace bourbon, which might become my goto (bar around the corner gives a discount on it's already cheap whiskey to restaurant workers. Good food too.)

At work yesterday, the bartender and I invented a new cocktail, which I really like. It is called a Boheme, because it is essentially a Parisian with a bit of absinthe.

2p Gin (our house gin is Beefeater, and it worked well in this)
1p Creme de Cassis
1p Pernod (I would try it with absinthe, but we don't sell it, unfortunately)

Shake with ice, strain and serve up in a cocktail glass or champagne coupe.

BR Gordon

One Too Many
Went to dinner with friends last night. My wife and I both had dry martinis with Hendrick's gin. She had with a twist, I had with olives.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Carolans Irish Cream in Cafe L'Orange coffee.
At Christmas time I got 2 Carolans mugs with my purchase.
I've found half coffee and half cream works nicely. ;)

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
Thought I would give these two ciders from Sweden a go:

rekorderlig-orange-ginger-premium-swedish-cider-500ml-nrb-glass-bottle_4_.jpg

AN119048751178_rekorderlig.jpg

The orange one was delicious - really refreshing. The Winter one (which you can drink hot or cold) tasted strongly of vanilla which doesn't appeal to me - it was a little like Cream Soda - nice in small amounts but no way I could drink a whole bottle of it - a little too sickly for me.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
It's Popcorn Sutton's recipe, with his wife having a controlling interest in the company, and Hank Williams Jr as an investor.
How can you go wrong with that group?:D
It does sneak up on you. A bit too much and you see why Tickle talks the way he does.

It's Popcorn Sutton's recipe, with his wife having a controlling interest in the company, and Hank Williams Jr as an investor.
How can you go wrong with that group?:D
It does sneak up on you. A bit too much and you see why Tickle talks the way he does.

I miss seeing old Popcorn on the shows that were about moonshine. He was quite a character. Too bad he went out the way he did. Hank Williams Jr's father went out more or less the same way.
I think Tickle started out that way. lol lol
I tried the apple pie moonshine from Junior Johnson's famous recipe and it was good but not very high in proof so you can actually enjoy it and not end up like Tickle with his "medicine."

Boyo

Call Me a Cab
Still snowed in... Had some Woodford Reserve Bourbon over ice while staring at a hockey game on TV... The family is going stir crazy all around me.. Boy that tastes good!

anon`

One Too Many
Not last night, but Friday, actually. KLCC microBREW Festival! Helps to wear beer gear and geek out with the brewery reps. I'm pretty sure this is a complete list?

Agrarian Ales Pablamo!
Cascade Lakes Project X NWPA
Deschutes Armory XPA
Dogfish Head Sah'Tea
Firestone Walker Wookey Jack
Georgetown Manny's Pale Ale
Georgetown Lucille IPA
Hopworks Organic Hub Lager
McMenamin's High Street California Common
New Belgium Lips of Faith Lost Abbey farmhouse ale
Phat Matt's Hop Around the Fire
Rogue Mogul Ale
Rogue Chatoe Dirtoir
Seven Brides Frankenlou's IPA
Sierra Nevada Ruthless Rye
Tenth & Blake Batch 19 Pre-Prohibition Lager

Actually, I lied. There are three missing from that list. One was from Track Town Ales and was changed at the last minute. I have no idea what the other two were!

Not last night, but Friday, actually. KLCC microBREW Festival! Helps to wear beer gear and geek out with the brewery reps. I'm pretty sure this is a complete list?

New Belgium Lips of Faith Lost Abbey farmhouse ale

Actually, I lied. There are three missing from that list. One was from Track Town Ales and was changed at the last minute. I have no idea what the other two were!

How was that one? Do you remember? :p

anon`

One Too Many
Of course I remember!

They were all good, clearly. Some more good than others, however. If you enjoy ales that fall into the saison/farmhouse category, then I'd recommend it. It didn't have that obvious, sometimes overwhelming Belgian character that saisons often exhibit. I'd get it again.

Of those above, I would have to say that the two standouts of the night were Georgetown's Lucille IPA, and Phat Matt's Hop Around the Fire.

Lucille, like everything that Georgetown does, is only available on draught currently, and they're only distributed in Washington (the brewery is in Seattle) and Oregon. They're planning to move into Northern California this year, and Southern California in... hopefully soon. Excellent hop flavor and aroma, without having the trout-to-the-face smack of bitter that something like Hop Stoopid hits with.

And then Hop Around the Fire. It's billed as an... I have no idea. It might be a red? Maybe a red IPA? Good hop character, but an obvious hit of bittersweet chocolate. Emphasis on the bitter. Probably not a beer that I'd buy 24 at a time, but a damn fine pour, and one that I'd love to try again. Might be a one-off batch, though.

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
I love Rye, but it tends to be somewhat hard to find in Hawaii. I was in Costco the other day and they had a big bottle of Bulliet Rye. At the price I had to try. Its nice and growing on me, perfect thing while snuggling up with an old Victorian British book on sporting rifles late at night...

Sip, "you see you must ask your gun maker to be sure to give you information on a proper reduced cordite load for your black powder express cartridges in the case when sold..." sip. "When going on shikar in the hills of Central India..." sip. Heaven.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR