Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Did You Drink Last Night?

Yes they do.

On the note of 'They Still make that' a co-worker asked me if there was a case of Jacob Best's in the back of my truck (It was Milwaukee's Best.) Heck, when was the last time Jacob Best was made? The 80's?

They still make that?!

I don't even wanna know, for it may ruin it for me lol

Being a FAMILY type message board, I won't mention what Old Style was referred to when I was in College. It was better than Joseph Heilleman's Premium beer though. It was bitter and had a vinegar flavor. Bleehhhhhh.

Later

MarkJohn

One of the Regulars
Summer is here! :)

20080516pimmscup.jpg

Last edited:

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I actually picked up a Heilleman's beer sign a while back. It made me wonder how it was back in the day. I see I didn't miss anything. :p

Supposedly, if you drank it within the shadow of the plant it was good, but it didn't travel well. Champaign was about 500 miles away... $4.39 a case when Bud was $10.00 a case. Hamm's was pretty bad too.

later

MarkJohn

One of the Regulars
Hi MarkJohn
What is Pimm`s ? and how does it taste like?.....gives hangovers ?

Below is the description from Wiki... I'm drinking one right now in fact (English style); a pint, with lemonade, strawberrys, sliced orange and lemon. It a wonderfully, long, refreshing drink for warm days, and I can't say I had a hangover from it... but I generally don't suffer from them, unless I drink lots of red wine.

Pimm's No. 1 Cup is based on gin and can be served both on ice or in cocktails. It has a dark-tea colour with a reddish tint, and tastes subtly of spice and citrus fruit. It is often taken with "English-style" (clear and carbonated) lemonade, as well as various chopped fresh ingredients, particularly apples, cucumber, oranges, lemons, strawberry, and borage, though nowadays most substitute mint. Ginger ale is a common substitute for lemonade. Pimm's can also be mixed with Champagne (or a sparkling white wine), called a "Pimm's Royal Cup". Its base as bottled is 25 percent alcohol by volume.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Hey, watch it now!
You are putting down a beer that comes from the land of blue sky waters, and lofty pine balsams? :)
Can't be any worse than Natural light, or Schaffers.

Last night it was a quick trip to the liquor store that never really has a wine I like, so I usually settle for something cheap like
Klinkerbrick. I'm kidding James.
However they had the Casillero Del Diablo I like, a Cab/Syrah blend, so I bought that.
I'm actually shocked they had it.

You are putting down a beer that comes from the land of blue sky waters, and lofty pine balsams? :)
Can't be any worse than Natural light, or Schaffers.

Last night it was a quick trip to the liquor store that never really has a wine I like, so I usually settle for something cheap like
Klinkerbrick. I'm kidding James.
However they had the Casillero Del Diablo I like, a Cab/Syrah blend, so I bought that.
I'm actually shocked they had it.
I think there are hermits in the hills that use the water and trees as a latrine. :p

A horrible Bloody Mary courtesy of Tres Agaves Bloody Mary mix. It had to be the mix because it definitely couldn't have been the Grey Goose. I've got to get a new mix tomorrow. Drinking a Angry Orchard to get rid of the bad taste.
:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy