Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Did You Drink Last Night?

The last tests you grade get better scores right??

Both parents were teachers, but neither drank. Dad had high blood pressure at my age 50-55, but mine's actually lower now. He probably should have drank more.

Later

Fortunately, just entering grades and figuring credits. My blood pressure is fine at 48, it my be the rum.
:D

I second the motion to drink while grading. However, I only do that for homeworks and quizzes. I need to be able to get all 60 students graded by the end of the second drink in order to stay consistent. Exams would be more like a half dozen drinks, which would mean that I would probably forget them at the bar.

Last week it was Maisel Weiss while grading quizzes.

Sometimes its Grey Goose and cranberry juice or a Bloody Mary while reading writing prompts.
:D

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi

I ate dinner at a Norman tradition called "The Library". I had pot roast soup in a VERY Crispy Bread Bowl. I had one of their IPA's. I love the place so far.

I had a Vanilla Porter from Leinenkugel and it was kind of disappointing. It didn't have a lot of flavor. Don't be being disrespectful of Pabst, I used to drink it in high school, and my neighbor dated a Pabst grand daughter.

Later

I drank PBR in the late '60s. Preferred it over other beers that were popular at that time here in midIndiana. Haven't had one in many years now. However..Falstaff (PBR's rival) was horrible..couldn't stomach it.
HD

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
I posted it in the Hats and Drinks thread, but the libation of choice last night was a couple Tullamore Dews.
yza9arad.jpg

A little ashamed to admit it, but I started drinking Tullamore very recently because of this commercial:
[video=youtube_share;RL9yB0ne67A]http://youtu.be/RL9yB0ne67A[/video]

It's good whiskey though.

Pabst is no worse (or better) than any Bud or Coors product and works just fine for an after work snack. There's a local pig ear and chitlin market that usually has pbr or miller for $9 a case, so it's easy enough to have on hand in the event I run out of good beer.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

dnjan

One Too Many
I drank PBR in the late '60s. Preferred it over other beers that were popular at that time here in midIndiana. Haven't had one in many years now. However..Falstaff (PBR's rival) was horrible..couldn't stomach it.
HD
I remember Falstaff from the mid 70's. You could tell it was brewed in a copper kettle because it had an aftertaste like having sucked on a penny. But it was the cheap beer at one of the undergrad bars in town.

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Pabst is no worse (or better) than any Bud or Coors product and works just fine for an after work snack. There's a local pig ear and chitlin market that usually has pbr or miller for $9 a case, so it's easy enough to have on hand in the event I run out of good beer.

I agree on the Pabst. You got a pig ear and chitlin market? God man your neck may actually be redder than mine.

I had Blatz and it was o.k. I don't remember having Falstaff, but our neighborhood drunk always drank a 12 pack in the back yard every night. They brought back Stag, which is o.k., but they brought back Olympia which is the whole basis of the claim that modern beer is just fuzzy water.

Later

I remember Falstaff from the mid 70's. You could tell it was brewed in a copper kettle because it had an aftertaste like having sucked on a penny. But it was the cheap beer at one of the undergrad bars in town.

Don...you hit the nail on the head there. That's exactly what it tasted like to me. Gawd it was awful...
HD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff