Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Did You Drink Last Night?

Hemerlin

New in Town
I drank my very first Mint Julep and had to archive this glorious moment ;)

mint_julep.jpg

dnjan

One Too Many
rumblefish said:
I know,,,:eek: I join the best vintage clothing forum you can find, and my only contributions have to do with food an drink.:(
Some of us look better after a few drinks, so I consider your drink recommendations to be fashion accessories.

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Marcus said:
Experimented with a Vodka gimlet.
Results?

They're not too hard to screw up, as long as there's at least as much hootch as lime juice, it's a bit sweet, and it's served cold. A room temperature gimlet tastes like medicine.

The classic is prechilled or strained. Rocks are ok, lack of a lime wedge is ok, too.

ThesFlishThngs

One Too Many
Ooh, that rose is so pretty.
I feel like a slacker, 'cos every time I peek in here my answer would have to be wine. That's not due to a lack of interest or delight in cocktails and such - I have a minimal bar set up, plus a couple lovely bottles of absinthe - but I don't drink alone, and the Mr. is funny about mixed drinks. So, most times, it's a bottle of red. Dull, I know.
Anyway, is it only fellas who post about drinks?

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Not anymore. No reason why it should be, either.

I sorta miss beaucaillou, the oenologiste, who frequently enlightened the Lounge on such matters. Altho her tastes ran to unmixed spirits and fine vintages, she wasn't above the occasional classic cocktail.

Too many gents are shy of mixed drinks, but unless everyone in the place is half tanked on rotgut and carrying a shootin' iron, they shouldn't be.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner