Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Did You Drink Last Night?

gear-guy

Practically Family
Martini's here also and James is right, the less vermouth the better. I make mine by filling my glass with ice put in the vermouth and let sit. Shake the vodka or gin in a boston shaker for about 30 sec. dump the ice and vermouth out of the glass and add vodka or gin. Add olives of your choice and you will have an ice cold excellent martini. If you want add orange bitters for a nice touch. Also thats why James is the king of FL, spicy olives really set it off.:cool:

Last edited:
Martini's here also and James is right, the less vermouth the better. I make mine by filling my glass with ice put in the vermouth and let sit. Shake the vodka or gin in a boston shaker for about 30 sec. dump the ice and vermouth out of the glass and add vodka or gin. Add olives of your choice and you will have an ice cold excellent martini. If you want add orange bitters for a nice touch. Also thats why James is the king of FL, spicy olives really set it off.:cool:

That is a good idea to simply rinse the glass with vermouth. I certainly wouldn’t drink the vermouth straight. :p

A homemade apple cinnamon whisky that my cousin makes. It's not bad. He has perfected his recipe over the years. He hands them out as Christmas presents each year in a mason jar.

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
A friend gave me a 750 ml bottle of Johnnie Walker Blue Label yesterday. The bottle is numbered. I cannot wait to dig in, but I am also a bit hesitant. It's in a custom case. I don't want to disturb it, but I will...

A homemade apple cinnamon whisky that my cousin makes. It's not bad. He has perfected his recipe over the years. He hands them out as Christmas presents each year in a mason jar.

My grandmother used to do that every year with her Whiskey Bitters recipe. Tht as fairly popular. I still have a partial bottle that a friend raids once in awhile when he comes over. :p It is about 15 years old now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko