Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Did You Drink Last Night?

greatestescaper

One of the Regulars
Last night the smell of frying bacon, fresh simmering barbecue sauce, and baked beans fixed with that hickory smoked bacon and barbecue sauce (which is made strong coffee and ancho chiles, among other ingredients) produced an aroma that had me hankering for the smoky nectar of the gods that is Lagavulin. I indulged that hankering.

A Fogcutter with dinner in 60 plus year old tiki-type drinkware.
The Fog Cutter Cocktail or Fogcutter Cocktail is a classic TIki drink. It was created by Tony Ramos a bartender at Don the Beachcomber in Hollywood sometime in the 1930s. Not for the faint of heart, they say if you are a bit foggy headed, this one will cut right through.
Ingredients
1 ½ oz light rum
½ oz brandy
½ oz gin
1 ½ oz orange juice
1 oz lime juice
1 tsp orgeat syrup
1 tsp sherry
Mix everything except the sherry in shaker with ice.
Strain into a collins glass filled with ice.
Float the sherry on top.
:D
Dangerously very easy to consume.

A Fogcutter with dinner in 60 plus year old tiki-type drinkware.
The Fog Cutter Cocktail or Fogcutter Cocktail is a classic TIki drink. It was created by Tony Ramos a bartender at Don the Beachcomber in Hollywood sometime in the 1930s. Not for the faint of heart, they say if you are a bit foggy headed, this one will cut right through.
Ingredients
1 ½ oz light rum
½ oz brandy
½ oz gin
1 ½ oz orange juice
1 oz lime juice
1 tsp orgeat syrup
1 tsp sherry
Mix everything except the sherry in shaker with ice.
Strain into a collins glass filled with ice.
Float the sherry on top.
:D
Dangerously very easy to consume.

I should have read this before I did my web search on a fog cutter based on your short mention of it in the "dinner" thread.

Always hard to do, but how would you describe the flavor - does it compare to something, does one or do a few ingredients dominate? I find the orgeat syrup and sherry the most intriguing ingredients as they are the most unexpected.

And, yes, just from reading about it I can feel the punch it packs.

Got creative with what was in the fridge
6b32482f562c080bb310b95d2b6fedd5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Got creative with what was in the fridge
6b32482f562c080bb310b95d2b6fedd5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

This pic was like deja vu. What do I have and what will work together. Reminds me of when I made my first batch of Spam spaghetti. Jar of sauce, can of Spam and noodles. May be dinner tonight since Lady B is in Denver for the week and she won't be here to chastise me. Now, if I only had a bottle of Stoli.

ShortAndCashed

One of the Regulars
Haven't had much lately, but I'm needling something big and heavy tonight (long day at work already, and it's only lunch). I think I have a Founders dirty b*stard in the fridge at home. It'll be fine as soon as I get there.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

UnknownSuspect

New in Town
Laphroaig PX Cask. Used to really like the peaty whiskies, but think I'm turning into a Highlands drinker. The Old Pulteney Pentland Skerries is superb, shame it's only available as a travel retail drink. And I've been waiting in vain for The Balvenie 14YO Caribbean Cask to go on sale...one of my past single malt favourites.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo