Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Did You Drink Last Night?

rumblefish

One Too Many
Milano
DSC03090.jpg

Big Baby Macoy

New in Town
An evening with the Street Dogs

what had to be the most amazing Street Dogs live show ever, last night in Boston. So of course that included a few pints Guinness a couple of shots of Jameson and far to many PBR's...all in all a great night of drunken debauchery and deviant behavior.

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
A syrah with dinner, ham, curried potatoes, green beans, broccoli casserole; then something, a red, of which I can't recall the name, brought by guests, for the conversation, fellowship, and banter. A most pleasant evening to close out Christmas Day.

Alex Oviatt

Practically Family
I had one of Paul Child's concotions, the Budha's Eye. Basically, it is a gin Gimlet with green Creme de Menthe added which gives it a beautiful green color. Julia Child recommends it as a prelude to a lamb dinner. Child's recipe calls for 5 parts gin, 2 parts Rose"s lime juice and 2 parts Creme de Menthe. I prefer it with just one part Creme de Menthe, especially if it is to be served before dinner. Great fun, very refreshing and unusual.

LordBest

Practically Family
El Candado Pedro Ximenez sherry, a late Christmas present. A splendid choice for post-dinner drinks. Or at any other time, if you enjoy a good sherry,

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
On a date night with Mrs. H we had very good whiskey sours with our steak dinners at Clearman's Steak and Stein; it was still fabulously decorated for Christmas with classic and "lounge" Christmas music serenading us.

Later that night I broke my own rule and ordered an old-fashioned at another place, which reminded me why I made the rule in the first place.

LordBest

Practically Family
I just drank a half bottle of Chateau Rieussec sauternes from 2005. Simply delightful, I'm led to believe the 2002 I'm saving for a special occasion will be even better. Spelling and grammar seem oddly difficult.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic