Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Did You Drink Last Night?

Desert dog

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Something I have to try! Sounds like a delicious pairing.
Eagle Rare 10-Year-Old Bourbon ... with Ginger Snaps on the side.

eagle-rare-10-year-old-kentucky-straight-bourbon-whiskey-1_2_1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

crawlinkingsnake

A-List Customer
Not exactly the Golden Trout I was after. A Kolsch style ale, in the shade, is a good consolation.
bc100c4b06f483374a44239e2809cb77.jpg
97847e17e8bc796ef70ce43845da4f76.jpg

Wow! I love catching (and releasing) trout, flyfishing and beer. What could be better than a Golden Trout while sitting on a slab of granite along a bubbling brook somewhere in the mountains? Thanks Desert Dog. Think I'll soon be heading off to one of my favorite (secret) streams with a cooler full of brewskies. Hells bells I might even do some fishing...:D

Desert dog

Thanks cks, it just doesn't get any better! Take some photos before you release![emoji16]
Wow! I love catching (and releasing) trout, flyfishing and beer. What could be better than a Golden Trout while sitting on a slab of granite along a bubbling brook somewhere in the mountains? Thanks Desert Dog. Think I'll soon be heading off to one of my favorite (secret) streams with a cooler full of brewskies. Hells bells I might even do some fishing...:D

crawlinkingsnake

A-List Customer
Last night in honor of my beloved Bal-more Orioles who are currently wallering in last place with no chance of recovery this season :(.... enjoyed numerous cans of a Baltimore classic, Natural Bohemian aka Natty Boh. Only thing missing was a bushel of crabs, steamed in Old Bay... and of course a couple O's victories. :rolleyes:
Crab.jpg

My Granite City has tapped a 3rd cask of their Bourbon aged series. It's their Pale Ale (The Duke) aged in a Elijah Craig Bourbon cask. I like it so much I would like to see it become a yr around regular but the problem is in sourcing the casks I would think.

A couple of wks ago I made a recommendation on aging either their Duke or their Northern in a Rye cask. One of their Brewers called me later & we talked for a while. I made a joke & told him they need to start adding vitamin C to all the grapefruit beers on the market. He laughed, but when I went in this afternoon my favorite bartender told me up front that my tab for tonight was comped! Very nice of them!

A couple of the Bourbon Aged series shown with a Belgian Farmhouse Ale they tapped just last wk in back:

IMG_1816.jpg

IMG_1818.jpg

Desert dog

The cask aged pale sounds good. Does the bourbon impart a flavor and aroma? I have had cask aged ale, hand pumped to the tap, that was a real treat.
My Granite City has tapped a 3rd cask of their Bourbon aged series. It's their Pale Ale (The Duke) aged in a Elijah Craig Bourbon cask. I like it so much I would like to see it become a yr around regular but the problem is in sourcing the casks I would think.

A couple of wks ago I made a recommendation on aging either their Duke or their Northern in a Rye cask. One of their Brewers called me later & we talked for a while. I made a joke & told him they need to start adding vitamin C to all the grapefruit beers on the market. He laughed, but when I went in this afternoon my favorite bartender told me up front that my tab for tonight was comped! Very nice of them!

A couple of the Bourbon Aged series shown with a Belgian Farmhouse Ale they tapped just last wk in back:

View attachment 128893

View attachment 128894

The cask aged pale sounds good. Does the bourbon impart a flavor and aroma? I have had cask aged ale, hand pumped to the tap, that was a real treat.

First of all it boosts the ABV up. Not sure what it would be after aging but I would guess it's up ~9%, 10% maybe. It imparts a nice oak wood & Bourbon flavor/color to it. Elijah Craig Bourbon doesn't have that perfumie taste that some bourbons can have, but the woody oak flavor mellows the EC just a bit anyway. Makes a nice combination but witbier & lawnmower beer drinkers probably won't like it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto