Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Did You Drink Last Night?

Spurred on by a tip from @Touchofevil and after a good while of searching I finally came up with a bottle of Jack Daniels Barrel Proof. This particular batch weighs in at a little more than 129 proof and was put in the bottle January of this year. First impression is it's a lot sweeter tasting than regular Jack with also a hint of smokiness from the charred barrel. The burn hits the back of the throat nicely but doesn't linger in the belly. It's also a lot darker in color than Old #7 or even the single barrel select.

Turnip

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Mooser Liesl Helles

NATURHOPFEN.png

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
I am not sure what your experiences are with scotch, but I would recommend starting with the JW Black. Laphroaig is a favourite of mine, but it is an acquired taste.

Some of the actual tasting notes include for example iodine.

I think, "Johnnie Black" is the most discussed booze in old Germany! Many love it, some hate it, but there's seemingly nothing between. I never testet it, maybe I should.

Any recommendations on Laphroaig?

Turnip

My Mail is Forwarded Here
This below website might be worth a look. Beside that, try the standard bottlings 10s and 12s from the supermarked shelves, inexpensive and good. If you like it a little challenging, though less than any Laphroaig in a matter of peat, try a Talisker 10, not Skye, should be available around 30,- bucks, sometimes below.

Have fun trying...

http://www.whiskyfun.com/

A few nights ago, something called, “Jameson and the Giant Peach.” Jameson (obviously) and something peachy (obviously) plus other stuff (obviously). They were really good and too easy to drink so we had a couple of carafes. It was a really entertaining evening.
:D

DrVoel

New in Town
Yesterday was pretty warm in my part of the world and an opportunity to sit outside on the patio (actually a large balcony) and enjoy the sun sipping on a mint julep.

Makers Mark and mint from my herb garden

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points