Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Did You Drink Last Night?

G

gwold

Elijah Craig

with one cube. Two of them. This is my first bottle of Elijah, and I was not overly impressed with it neat, a few nights ago. The ice last night helped.

dnjan

One Too Many
Killed off the rest of a bottle of 2001 Vacqueyras. It can be so nice to drink a decent wine that has actually been aged close to the right time (though this one would probably have been good for the next five years as well).

Chanfan

A-List Customer
I had a glass of Monk's Blood, from The 21st Amendment Brewery. Beer Advocate describes it thusly:

"Monk's Blood is an 8.3% alcohol, dark Belgian-style ale brewed with eight malts, Belgian candi sugar, cinnamon, vanilla bean, dried local black mission figs and aged on oak for a flavor unlike anything you've ever had from a can.

"

It was delicious!

Unfortunately for me, due to an over enthusiastic run in with a verticle of Anchor Christmas Beers, I find most spiced ales to be undrinkable.:eusa_doh:

I swear to this day the memory of that run in is stored not only in in my brain but also in my spinal cord.[huh]

dnjan

One Too Many
Pale Ales and IPA's

Last night was the second beer school at a local pub. An interesting mixture of English and American IPA'a (with a Belgian thrown in at the end).

We tasted (in order, as far as I can read my notes):

Samuel Smith English Pale Ale (basic bitter)
Firestone Walker American Pale Ale
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale
Batemans XXXB English Best Bitter
Bombardier English Premium Bitter
Fullers English ESB
Left Hand Brewing 400lb Monkey IPA
Meantime English IPA
Snoqualmie IPA
Stone IPA
Port Brewing Wipe-Out IPA
Laughing Dog Dogzilla American Black IPA
Victory Hop Wallop American Double (Imperial) IPA
Urthel Hop It Belgian IPA

The contrast between the English and American beers was interesting; the English generally being maltier with less hops bitterness.

If I have to claim a single favourite of the evening it would have to be the Batemans XXXB. Good balanced flavour with hops, but not hops-dominated.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
4041Zacapa23Solera360.jpg

Ethan Bentley

One Too Many
An evening with a lovely lady and the Fedora Cocktail.

FedoraCocktailSmall-1.jpg

FEDORA NO.1

2 Brandy
1 Rum
1 Bourbon
2 Curacao
Powdered Sugar, 3 Teaspoonsful
Add Slice of Lemon
Ice. - Stir & Serve

Recipe from Burke's Complete Cocktail and Tastybite RECIPES (1936)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomW