Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Did You Drink Last Night?

swinggal

One Too Many
Some Creme de Violette are better than others though. Benoit-Serres is quite sweet. I think I like the R&W one better. Has a more natural taste.

Well if Aviation Gin is what Max used at Cicada...maybe I have had it :)

Jack Scorpion

One Too Many
I poured myself a "Pan-Am" recently, which I actually liked. It sounds awful on paper, but I loved the name enough to try.

Pan-Am

1 ounce mezcal
1 ounce bourbon
Dash of Angostura bitters
Dash of simple syrup

swinggal

One Too Many
jamespowers said:
lol So? Did they taste the same as Max's? What did you think of the fruit infusion to the gin? Probably ok if you had two. :p I always make two just in case of company. ;) lol

Pretty much the same as Max's although I like little more Creme de Violette in mine.

Tonight I just made this:

Venus de Milo

Double shot of cointreau
200ml Hot chocolate

Mix up a mug of frothy Hot Chocolate and pour in Cointreau. Simple and yum! It's cold here tonight so it hits the spot :)

swinggal said:
Pretty much the same as Max's although I like little more Creme de Violette in mine.

Venus de Milo

Double shot of cointreau
200ml Hot chocolate

Mix up a mug of frothy Hot Chocolate and pour in Cointreau. Simple and yum! It's cold here tonight so it hits the spot :)

I like more creme de violette in mine as well but my wife says it makes it taste like violette gum. lol

swinggal

One Too Many
Yeah well, can't see the point of it being there I cant taste it! And I love Violette pastilles. We used to have violet Lifesavers here when I was a kid.

You have to try the hot chocolate though. It's delicious!

Adcurium

A-List Customer
swinggal said:

Venus de Milo

Double shot of cointreau
200ml Hot chocolate

OMG. Sounds awesome.

I enjoyed the 20th Century Blues Martini soo much that I whipped up a HUGE batch for friends on Sunday. I had them pre mixed in a pitcher (that would be a pink elephant pitcher) and left them in the fridge until I noticed some empty glasses. Well, my wife just reminded me that the pictcher isn't empty so we plan on polishing off the rest tonight. I can't imagine that they aren't still perfectly fine despite being in the fridge for a few days. Right?

swinggal said:
Yeah well, can't see the point of it being there I cant taste it! And I love Violette pastilles. We used to have violet Lifesavers here when I was a kid.

You have to try the hot chocolate though. It's delicious!

I think I might be able to try the hot chocolate since the temperature here is fairly cold and breezy today. I can just put this in a regular sized coffee mug and triple the recipe right? ;) :D
I figure that I add enough creme de violette to tint the drink a blue gray. That is usually about 1/4 ounce. I can definitely taste it.:D I made a variation on it by eliminating the lemon juice and adding twice the amount of Creme de Violette. So you end up with:
2 ounces (59ml) Aviation Gin
1 ounce (29ml) Creme de Violette
1/2 ounce(15ml) maraschino liquer

For Cointreau the Corpse Reviver #2 is pretty good:
3/4 ounce gin
3/4 ounce lemon juice
3/4 ounce Cointreau
3/4 ounce Lillet blanc (optional as far as I am concerned.;) )
1 dash absinthe
Shake with ice. Strain into a cocktail glass.

Pompidou

One Too Many
28425_1290026260159_1515318688_30643024_7023807_n.jpg

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Montpellier Syrah 2007. Napa Valley. $7.99.
It was very balanced - flavorful without being sweet or too tangy, which is rare at this price range.
"Its surprisingly aromatic nose offers scents of blackberries, plums, and a note of black pepper. In the mouth this Syrah is berryish, rich and smooth."
Can't do much better for 8 bucks - I'm working on my sommelier (dad) to get a case. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24