Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Did You Drink Last Night?

TheBeak

One of the Regulars
One of my "standard" beers, in my new vintage glassware:

181652_1566948499040_1395261571_31217544_3712323_n.jpg

dnjan

One Too Many
Seems like two separate issues - optimal temperature versus dilution.
I was introduced to martinis by a guy who mixed his up the night before and put the pitcher in the freezing compartment.
Chilled but not diluted.

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
Drinking it without ice is like sipping turpentine.

That describes my experience with becherovka in Prague. It was like paint thinner with some cloves in it. Maybe there is good stuff, or maybe you aren't supposed to drink it straight (I blame the dinner cruise people).

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
I am looking to learn, in the realm of cocktails, what I like. Does anyone have a suggestion for a guy who likes martinis and thinks that gin and tonic is too sweet to be particularly pleasent?

rumblefish

One Too Many
:arated:
Martini, stirred, not shaken. Sipped.

Attention
Aviation
Milano
Vesper (try using Cocchi Americano rater than Lillet Blanc)
Gimlet (I use a smaller portion of Rose's and a large squeeze of lime)
Pink Gin
A Rose (Kirschwasser vermouth and gin)
Gin Fizz
Gin Ricky

And try using a premium tonic, some have a lot less sweeteners than the the Schweppes, Seagrams, Canada Dry,,,
Oh, and I mix my G&Ts 3:1. Contrary to what I might get accused of, I do this because of taste, not because I want to tank-up quickly. That part just happens.

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
:arated:

Attention
Aviation
Milano
Vesper (try using Cocchi Americano rater than Lillet Blanc)
Gimlet (I use a smaller portion of Rose's and a large squeeze of lime)
Pink Gin
A Rose (Kirschwasser vermouth and gin)
Gin Fizz
Gin Ricky

And try using a premium tonic, some have a lot less sweeteners than the the Schweppes, Seagrams, Canada Dry,,,
Oh, and I mix my G&Ts 3:1. Contrary to what I might get accused of, I do this because of taste, not because I want to tank-up quickly. That part just happens.

Thanks. Those look really good. I am especially keen on trying the Milano and the Gin Rickey. A gimlet was on my list of to tries already. I should try a vesper, although I am normally against vodka.

And thanks for the tip on the tonic. I like the taste of the other flavors, the ones that make tonic tonic, but the sweetness is a bit much, in my opinion. I will have to try some better tonic.

C Gregory Purbaugh

New in Town
I am looking to learn, in the realm of cocktails, what I like. Does anyone have a suggestion for a guy who likes martinis and thinks that gin and tonic is too sweet to be particularly pleasent?

I have found that a very well made Mojito is very good. (Well made meaning they don't skimp out on the rum, alot of them around here taste watered down...)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner