Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do you ladies think?

Real Swell Gal

One of the Regulars
I got this pattern tonight. I was thinking about doing style A.
The fabric I bought is a similar color green with little white daisies on it.
What got me was the fact that it came in easy to sew AND plus sizes.
M5609.jpg

http://www.mccallpattern.com/item/M5609.htm?tab=easy_stitch_n_save&page=1

Even if I don't find the perfect shoe (trust me, I'll die trying) I could always wear it with white canvas sneakers or maybe my sadles?

Snookie

Practically Family
That's a great retro style -- love shirtwaists. Don't forget, it's very period (esp. 40's) to have long "short" sleeves, even as far down as your elbow, so feel free to lengthen the sleeves if you'd like.

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
KittyT said:
for shoes, try the white and green 50s repro Keds that were recently posted in the repro shoe thread!

i was thinking those would be perfect, but then i searched around for a picture and could only find the navy/white ones! [huh]

Sunny

One Too Many
*chuckle* YES! go with the green and white ones! They are really adorable, and they'd go perfectly with that dress.

mrswheats

One of the Regulars
I just did a Google search for "Keds retro wedge", and lots of sites popped up. I think if you search for "Kedette" they come up too :D

And that's a super pattern! I love shirtdresses.

Grnidwitch

A-List Customer
The pattern is adorable and the fabric sounds perfect. I wear alot of my summer dresses with bobby socks and white leather keds. I don't know how period it is but it's comfortable and for some odd reason the guys really comment on it.[huh]

Real Swell Gal

One of the Regulars
Thanks LD for posting the pic for me.
And thanks for all the suggestions.
Grnidwitch, I know what you mean about the bobbies and snaekers and I like that look too. My friend (male) says there is something about tan legs in a skirt. White sandals would be pretty too.

My fabric is washed and ironed and I think I'll start cutting this weekend.

Real Swell Gal

One of the Regulars
Okay so!!!

I got the dress done EXCEPT the button holes.
I had no problem with the sleeves. The yolk gave me a few fits but the button holes have me really nervous.
When I get the nerve to takle them I will post some pics.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy