Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What does the term Roller Hat mean?

diamondjim

New in Town
Thanks I thought as much.
Would that explain why the pinch is off-center from the label inside and can I correct it ?
It seems that it has left a soft crease that doesn't want to come out.

Jim

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
The felt used for rollers doesn't have as much stiffener as the felt used for regular hats. Therefore they don't hold their shape as well, particularly if you roll them often. To shape the hat, dampen the felt with water using a spray bottle with a fine mist, manipulate the felt to the desired shape and let dry. Rollers are a bit wonky compared to regular hats, but that's just the nature of the beast. If you want it to hold its shape better and are willing to give up the roll-up feature you could spray it with a stiffening agent.

diamondjim

New in Town
Actually I think it's perfect for it's intended purpose, keeping the sun and rain off at large outdoor in the field Antique shows.
I'll have to remember not to roll it up when it's wet, it's a nice well worn example and still in great shape.
Thanks for the tips on Rollers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo