Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Famous Person is the Posterboy/Girl?

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
Cate Blanchett usually looks very nice.

cate-blanchett-5.jpg

Queen Rania of Jordan is both a regal woman and a beautiful one.

http://www.celevs.com/q/queen-rania/queen-rania1.jpg

queen-rania3.jpg

I think Condoleezza Rice has a nice look and bearing, even if the camera doesn't always love her. She has a lot more class than many of her detractors.

PH2006011800419.jpg

Rosie

One Too Many
Scarlett Johansson usually looks very nice, she has great style and is till very young, so, she's still developing her style. Diane Lane usually looks smashing as does Patricia Clarkson. Jada Pinkett-Smith and Will Smith usually look really good also.

ortega76

Practically Family
Seconding/Thirding Some Nominations

Cliche in some circles to mention, but I do appreciate the bold color pallette and style influences from throughout the the 20th Century. Andre 3000 of Outkast.

images532983_Andre3000.jpg

I also agree on Pierce Brosnan, Diana Krall, Sean "P-Diddy" Combs, Elvis Costello, and I'd add Wynton Marsalis, Branford Marsalis and Joseph Abboud.

marsalis.jpg

Lawrence Fishburne (especially now that he is a bit older) is another one.

Mos Def is a versatile actor, musician and has a unique sense of style. He's classic, timeless and elegant one minute and then modern, sleek and hip the next.

mos_def.jpg

Doh!

One Too Many
Senator Jack said:
Well, when someone with an approved haircut gives up his career just to help out a few million people, we'll have a better selection.

Regards,

Senator Jack

When Live Aid was on MTV back in the '80s and Geldof took the stage in torn up blue jeans, my mother saw him and said, "Would it kill him to dress nice when he's on TV?" I pointed out to her that the people he was raising money for would probably forgive him.

carebear

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Jeff Goldblum always seems pretty well put together in public photos. He may be dressed casually, but he wears it well. He's not the classic leading man but he has his own style and personality.

goldblum.jpg

ortega76

Practically Family
Oh, let me add one to the list. Quincy Jones

quincy_jones_150.jpg

26 Grammy Awards. Classic suits with little touches of dash and flair like bold shirt/tie combos or spectators. He's worked with Ray Charles and Duke Ellington among the many stars with whom he has collaborated. Oh, and he wrote the theme to Sanford and Son!

Harp

I'll Lock Up
GQ

George Clooney seems to be the 'Clark Gable type',
or at least is among the few actors today who can be
compared favorably to Gable for persona and presence.

The stylish men

My thoughts on the men.

Ralph Lauren – Though his clothes look great, he tries way too hard to be something he isn’t and never will be. He isn’t comfortable in his own skin – so I would call him fashionable, but not stylish.

George Clooney – A class act…and also seems to be having fun.

Sean John – One of the best dressed and most stylish men in the music business.

Pierce Brosnon – Always looks good and tasteful…as my wife says “pitter patter, pitter patter.”

Sean Connery – Another very classic and classy guy.

Larry Ellison – Have met him and is very classic fashionable, but almost (or not almost) arrogant about it which means he is not stylish.

Eric Clapton - He has his own deep style.

PR

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24