Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

billyspew

One Too Many
Mario said:
1950's Peschel velour finish.

peschel_08_13_10.jpg

Despite all the amazing previous self-portraits, that is by far and away the best!

Please, please share the technique/digital processing technique.
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

SteveAS

Practically Family
billyspew said:
Looks great on you! Have you ever shared the details in the Adam Alley? I've never seen an Air Lite Pacesetter!

Thanks.

No, I haven't thought the hat was particularly special, so I haven't been ambitious enough to post pictures to the Adam Alley thread. To be clear, Air Lite is stamped into the leather sweatband, but "PACESET PB" is only marked on a paper tag on the back of the sweatband. If the hat is interesting to Adam enthusiasts (?), I'd be happy to take some pictures next week and post them to the thread.

Mario

I'll Lock Up
billyspew said:
Despite all the amazing previous self-portraits, that is by far and away the best!

Please, please share the technique/digital processing technique.
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Thanks! The digital Samsung camera I'm using is old, cheap and pretty bad at what it does. I just have to do a lot of postprocessing on the photos to make them look ok. It would be a bit too complicated to describe the whole lengthy process here. I have a few Photoshop actions that do a lot of automated work but that's only the first step. Everything after that depends on the image.

billyspew

One Too Many
SteveAS said:
Thanks.

No, I haven't thought the hat was particularly special, so I haven't been ambitious enough to post pictures to the Adam Alley thread. To be clear, Air Lite is stamped into the leather sweatband, but "PACESET PB" is only marked on a paper tag on the back of the sweatband. If the hat is interesting to Adam enthusiasts (?), I'd be happy to take some pictures next week and post them to the thread.

Yes please!

billyspew

One Too Many
Mario said:
Thanks! The digital Samsung camera I'm using is old, cheap and pretty bad at what it does. I just have to do a lot of postprocessing on the photos to make them look ok. It would be a bit too complicated to describe the whole lengthy process here. I have a few Photoshop actions that do a lot of automated work but that's only the first step. Everything after that depends on the image.

OK, no probs. As an ex-pro photoshop user I can work it out, just didn't know if you were using a pre-packaged post-process system? But great photo!

Panda Moanium

New in Town
Mario said:

Got to say Mario, great hats, but your photography is exceptional. Keep them coming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GilbertHit