Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jswindle2

One of the Regulars
I know ya'll are going to think I'm crazy, but since it 80 degrees today I wore my Sunbody Teardrop straw. Just too hot for wool!

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I think that you look better clean shaven, but the facial hair does soften your jawline a little.

Most people used to say that to me. Then I shaved my face clean. Then everyone told me I shouldn't have shaved lol!

OH, and MarkD, thanks for the comment and bravo on that beautful Borso! :eusa_clap

The Good

Call Me a Cab
Wore this one during a rainy afternoon in Los Angeles:

Photoon2010-10-20at1602.jpg

Photoon2010-10-20at1603.jpg

It held up quite well after getting wet, and it's already dry! For that matter, the Fed IV I wore yesterday dried up well too.

Neophyte

Gotta say J.B., I'm liking that homburg. It looks quite natural on you, and you in it :eusa_clap.

Monbla256, you asked earlier about the crease on my CD. Here it is (hat needs to be cleaned/vacuumed):
BluegrassCrease.jpg
BluegrassCrease2.jpg

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
Thanks, I like it sort of a Tenn. style teardrop .....

Gotta say J.B., I'm liking that homburg. It looks quite natural on you, and you in it :eusa_clap.

Monbla256, you asked earlier about the crease on my CD. Here it is (hat needs to be cleaned/vacuumed):
BluegrassCrease.jpg
BluegrassCrease2.jpg

.... try a nice medium orange when you re-steam it to get the curves smoother in the up area of the crease in the top. :) (on the inside of course :) )

Neophyte

I actually rather like the wrinkled look. I was trying to imitate the "arrowhead" that JimmytheLid put in one of his lids. I got frustrated, mumbled obscenities, and obstinately proceeded to make as many points as I could lol. It's nowhere near the awesome "handbashed" look of Randy's CD and Resistol, but it's a start :).

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
When you think about it, it's funny how much time we put into the top part of the crease since that's the part that is least seen.

The way the hat is creased does indeed impact (sometimes dramatically) how the hat looks from all angles. It can influence fit as well. That said, we need not fuss over the crease.

I crease many of my hats just as dinerman demonstrates in this wonderful old video clip. Obviously, this may not be possible in all cases. Sometimes you may need to apply steam or water as well. Still, you get the idea. Enjoy!

The Good

Call Me a Cab

BluegrassCrease.jpg
BluegrassCrease2.jpg

Alright, thanks! I have to admit, that "wrinkled look" you described very much resembles what I tried on the homburg during a c-crown experiment. I think it works very well with your Campdraft though, especially if it sits on top of your head comfortably to the point of it touching the scalp. That's how my Federation fits, although some probably prefer a looser fit.

Neophyte

I think it works very well with your Campdraft though, especially if it sits on top of your head comfortably to the point of it touching the scalp. That's how my Federation fits, although some probably prefer a looser fit.
Thanks! Indeed, the only part of the dome that makes contact with my head is in the very back, and I don't mind it at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart