Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donato

One of the Regulars
Dinerman said:
'20s fedora. No markings other than a size stamp on the inside. No sweatband or liner anymore.

IMG_4465.jpg
I must confess. This is the first time I have seen a high school student in a fedora. Bravo Dinerman! This gives the lie to those who call the fedora an "old fogey's hat." I hope you start a trend among your generation! Thanks!

The Wingnut

One Too Many
Dinerman, my uncle 'loaned' me a fedora almost identical to that one a few years ago. It was a family heirloom belonging to my aunt's grandfather. The sweatband was coming loose, the ribbon was badly wrinkled, there was no liner, and the block was mashed up. I gave it to Art for a freshening up, and since it was too big for me, presented it back to my uncle. Both my aunt and uncle were floored by the transformation and loved it.

...Uncle Tom still insisted on wearing a black ballcap(he's never without one) with his tux at my cousin's wedding. You can lead a horse to water...I give him grief about it whenever I can.

Wear it with pride! If it's anything like my uncle's, it's a keeper.

Marty M.

Vendor
Bud-n-Texas said:
Thanks to my friend Dean for this custom creation.
P1010997.jpg

Bud, that hat looks great on you. That's one of those "Old friends" hat that just does its job every time you put it on. Bravo.
Marty Mathis

D.W. Suratt

One of the Regulars
I wore my new Riverina out tonight, dinner and then a trip to the mall with my wife, and daughter. I'm really surprised by how good this hat looks with casual wear. I started to wear the Adventurer, but I'm going to have to get used to the high crown.

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
I wore this to Church. (Champ Featherweight, Kasmir Finish, from Davey's Men's Wear in Danville, Illinois. Resized from 6 7/8 to 7 1/8.)

P1040613.jpg

Then somebody gave me a belated Christmas present. (New Country Gentleman Leather Suede cap) So, I joined the "Newsboy Club" and wore it home.

P1040611.jpg

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
I've been curling all this weekend. We took first event.
I wore my Biltmore curling cap most of today.
IMG_5740.jpg

IMG_5799.jpg

this one, from when I first got it, shows the top with the curling stone and broom patch better.
IMG_3909.jpg

IMG_3920.jpg

--------------------------------
And later on. I always wear the kilt during finals- kind of a good luck sort of thing- hasn't failed me yet; we won the game.
The hat is my glengarry. Modern wool, but it has a very vintage curling look.
IMG_5974.jpg

indycop

I'll Lock Up
I have missed a lot of great hats this past week! :eusa_clap
While on vacation I mostly wore my Peters Bros. Indy hat since it was off and on rain the whole time. Remembrance got the call for lesser rain days!
I will let Dee post hers since she wore more of a variety than me.:)
P1170018.jpg

P1170016.jpg

P1180056.jpg

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Jerekson said:
Indycop, that Peter never ceases to amaze me...

:eusa_clap
Funny thing with that hat, over on COW it has a reputation of being too stiff. Mine was a little stiff brand new but softened up on its own quickly. But recently I hat it on its little plastic hat stand sitting on the cable box which apparently gets kinda warm. Well now it is super soft! No taper or shrinking maybe cause it was not wet but it is softer than any other hat I have except for Art's. It is even as soft or softer than Dee's vintage hats.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24