Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Possibly, but it's a distinction without difference. I think you're...
3956474500_1dd6960eca.jpg

That's one hare-y woman!

delectans

Call Me a Cab
I'm wondering if that particular lid might actually be "Willow Green". How does the color on yours compare to the first Whippet pictured here?

Jimmy, your beautiful green Whippet sure looks to be the same color as mine, at least from the photos:

GreenWhippet1.jpg

I always believed my hat to be Bluegrass based upon this ad:

My other Whippet appears more of a Willow Green color to me:

I recall seeing an old Stetson ad that displayed the various colors, but am unable to find it just now.

Last edited:

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
I recall seeing an old Stetson ad that displayed the various colors, but am unable to find it just now.

Delectans -- I think your Whippet and mine may well be twins! Note that the binding on our lids is also the same (and different from the binding in the Bluegrass Whippet ad). Here's an ad for a Stetson Lancer in willow green that seems to match my lid:

1949StetsonLancer-1.jpg

From the photos of your lid, it appears to my eye that "Bluegrass" is a different color. You're in a better position to judge, since you have your own hat right there in front of you. But, I thought I'd throw willow green into the mix for good measure. :)

Incidentally, once upon a time I started a thread called Stetson Shades of Green. Probably could use some updating...;)

Cheers,
JtL

Last edited:
What a difference 24-hours makes!!! :eeek:

Bluegrass Campdraft...

I could swear your eyes change to suit the color of your hat. That hat's got legs... a beauty.
Lotsa snow between Buffalo and Chicago... I picked up my girls coming in from O'Hare last night... turned into 2:00 am. I need a red hat to match my eyes today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany