Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Very sharp, Josh. Looks good on ya.
Nice Dobbs 40, jaunty tilt and a big grin too. ;)
Beautiful hat worn with rakish aplomb, Josh!
Very sharp, Josh, you wear it with panache!!
:arated:Looks great, Josh.
Josh, Fantastic Dobbs 40!

Thank you very much everyone!!! I really appreciate all your kind and generous words. I really do believe that I have found my ideal fedora type. When I started, like many of the FL members, I wore stingys. Then I dabbled a bit with wide brims (which I still like and wear sometimes), but really I think that anything between a straight blocked 5 1/2 - 6 inch open crown and 2 1/8 - 2 1/2 inch brim are the proportions that I feel look the best on me. I'm so happy that I found this Dobbs. Again, thank you everybody for your kind words! :):)

Justin B

One Too Many
To cover my head on a rainy day...

5654615445_73f8d0f127.jpg

5654614653_c37d29b956.jpg

5654616017_7a252c20a4.jpg

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Thanks! BTW you have been making some great finds!

Thank you! Ive kept a good amount of the hats that Ive found. Anything pre 1940 goes into my permanent collection and anything from the late 40's to late 50's goes into the "Am I going to wear it on a daily basis category." If the answer is no, then I ask one more question. "Is the hat rare or unsual?" If the hat is really something rare or unusual, I will keep it, but otherwise I will list them on ebay. Pretty much I am selling hats to buy more hats. LOL. Its a vicious cycle. :eusa_doh:

delectans

Call Me a Cab
A very fine set of photos and Panama, Steve! The ribbon color is exquisite and harmonizes with Spring's tender new leaves perfectly. You certainly are putting your new camera to great use! :eusa_clap

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Just great, Josh... love that 40 dollah felt qualaty!

:smile: LOL. Thanks, Alan! The 40 dollar felt is great stuff. I wouldn't mind buying a hat for $40 bucks today if it had felt like that. The only new stuff you'll find today for $40 bucks is a cotton fedora from Target, or some crumby wool one. Kind of a shame. Even the felt that I can buy for $400 bucks today, I believe still wouldn't hold a candle to this vintage stuff.

Last edited:

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Well, since Easter has come and gone, and it is 90 degrees in D.C. right now, I decided it was time to make the switch over to straw.

Panamabob Caballero with a new ribbon I put on.
Photo97.jpg

90 in DC already!
I have yet to find a real affinity for the straws, though I have one or two that make the rounds, but the shape of yours could change my mind. What's the grade or weave, if you don't mind me asking?

Razzman

One Too Many
Today Im wearing my 1950's Royalist. I had put a center dent in it originally, but it just didnt go. So I re-steamed the hat, and re-did the crown into a diamond. This type of diamond though is very Mario-Esque and I love how sharp it looks. A word of WARNING though, once this crease is done, you kind of have to like it because the crease lines are so sharp that they are very difficult to steam out unless the hat is totally re-blocked. Here's some pictur
Royalist1.jpg

Royalist2.jpg

Royalist3.jpg

That's a beautiful hat!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PerryShaw