Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
I wore my Canadian Fleur de Lis Curling Tam today.

IMG_4872.jpg

Razzman

One Too Many
Resistol Conversion.

As always, some very fine hats.:eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Today I'm wearing a Resistol. I originally came with a cattlemans bash. I used some steam and rebashed to a C-crown. It's silver belly in color.

razzman68

kiltie

Practically Family
new to me

Here is my "new to me" Resistol. I am super amped about this hat, as it is pretty close to THE hat for me. I picked it up off Ebay for thirty bones with the original "Cattleman's" crease; took it to the hatter for a cleaning and a new ribbon and to have the crown opened back up. They did a fine job, as there is no evidence of the original crease. I'd been looking for this hat for a while, and I really feel like I struck gold in the investment: payoff ratio. So here's a few pics ( nevermind the scruff and haggard look - just got off work...) - a before and a few afters. The spot on the binding is some Resolve that hasn't dried yet ( there was a stain that came out pretty handily using the carpet cleaner...) Now please excuse me while I submit my application to the Diamond Authority :).
Before -
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj290/safdkiltie/102173854_o.jpg

After:http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj290/safdkiltie/HPIM1853.jpg
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj290/safdkiltie/HPIM1854.jpg
HPIM1857x.jpg

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
I'm wearing a casual early '50s (or thereabouts) Stetson.
Braided felt band, bound brim, but bound in felt, instead of ribbon. I have two of this model, in different colors, but other than that, I can't say I've ever seen that detail before.
IMG_4876.jpg
IMG_4880.jpg

IMG_4879.jpg
IMG_4881.jpg
IMG_4882.jpg

citRon

A-List Customer
Caparzo said:
Before Airsoft game with Federation :)

2202081oy3.jpg

Caparzo- your great pictures of your Fed convinced me to order one! Sadly, they are on backorder and now I have to wait 2 months for it! :( Today would have been a perfect day for it too...

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
Some fine-looking hats, for sure!

Been a while since I posted here as I don't get out much these days. No job, so no reason to leave the house and when I do I'm usually sporting one of my Batsakes hats. Last weekend, though, we went to visit our son and his family for his wife's 30th birthday party. On Sunday we went to church with them. I wore a black Borsalino that I'm pretty sure is from the 40s or even earlier. It's a wonderfully soft velvety felt.

17Feb07Borsalinoblackadjusted.jpg

The pinch is a bit off as it's a very pliable felt and I just picked it up and stuck it on my head for a quick photo before changing after church. I've adjusted the photo so you can see some details; otherwise it looks like it's just a black blob on my head.

The only reason I was able to wear it at all is due to my weight gain and the fact I've not had a haircut in about two months or so. It's a size 7 1/2!

It'll probably find it's way to the Classified or eBay at some point due to it's size.

Regards,
Tom

Pat_H

A-List Customer
Dinerman said:
I'm wearing a casual early '50s (or thereabouts) Stetson.
Braided felt band, bound brim, but bound in felt, instead of ribbon. I have two of this model, in different colors, but other than that, I can't say I've ever seen that detail before.
IMG_4876.jpg
IMG_4880.jpg

IMG_4879.jpg
IMG_4881.jpg
IMG_4882.jpg

That's a nice one, I wish I had one like it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy