Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

One Too Many
2305984920106357411S600x600Q85.jpg

A straw hat to hot summer day ¡¡¡¡¡ going job...
2061250180106357411S600x600Q85.jpg

Last edited:

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Mother's Day Weekend

The Oyster Bar at one of our favorites, Meritage, St. Paul, for Saturday brunch. Disney 15, received just a few days earlier.

Leaves have not yet sprouted on many a tree, but Spring was in the air. Surprised that not one patron had opted to dine outside prior to our arrival.

Waiting for our food and enjoying our first outdoor dining of the season. The Landmark Center in the background, just across the street.

The excellent corn beef hash, occasionally substituted with pheasant as seasonally available.

Brilliant sunshine and blue skies on tap for Mother's Day weekend in Minnesota.

Foillowing up on a tip from our barber, we headed over to an estate sale in the Highland Park area of St. Paul. The sale was held at the largest remaining private estate in St. Paul. The owners were just downsizing and moving across town, so there were no vintage hats to be found.

The manor was impressive and beautifully decorated, but the majority of what was being sold were pieces of high quality antique reproduction furniture and objects d' art, and Persian rugs.

I spotted this wonderful George III period Hepplewhite mirror in the living room, and we were able to purchase it for a very reasonable price.

Picking up my Barbisio from the EBAY seller.

Out of the box and a quick dry crease after getting home that evening. Barbisio Lugano.

Last edited:

delectans

Call Me a Cab

The next morning, Mother's Day. Lowertown, St. Paul. First outing with my Barbisio.

At the St. Paul Farmers Market, one of the best in America.

A little too early in the season for corn or other vegetables, but fresh flowers were in abundance.

Buying Mother's Day flowers for my Mom and Lydia.

We strolled a block from the Farmers Market to The Union Depot, originally built in 1881. The current structure was erected between 1917 and 1923.

The Charles Frost designed building, a rather austere interpretation of the Classical Revival style, is undergoing expansion and major renovation in preparation for the return of rail traffic to downtown St. Paul in 2012.

In the great lobby of the Union Depot for Mother's Day Brunch at Christos, one of our favorite Greek restaurants in the Twin Cities.

Beautiful flowers at our table.

The next best thing to a hat rack.

A final photo outside. I believe my Mom and Lydia both enjoyed a memorable and happy Mother's Day weekend. With the opportunity to wear two new lids I know that I certainly did!

Last edited:
It's pissing rain here in NYC, but I am grabbing an umbrella and not letting it get in the way of wearing my blue/grey Stetson Stratoliner for the first time. This hat needs some fresh air. I'll try my best to keep it dry.

More like a monsoon... I brought a hatbox with a couple of choices on my trip, but wore a rain hat most of the week.

I'm melting... melting...

That is such a BEAUTIFUL Caxton, delectans. I was watching the ebay auction even though it wasnt my size. I just thought that it was an outstanding hat. I see that you kept the same crease as the original owner. I like that crease a lot. It accentuates the tall crown without making it seem like a top hat. Just awesome!! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Agree... Love that Caxton action!

DRB

One Too Many
Great pictures on this page guys!

Jwalls, is that velour vintage? Winchester does not sell velours, and I am not sure if anyone in the US. makes them. You gotta love those velours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ayanda