Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Apple MacBook Pro w/Photo Booth software. (I needed to pick-up directions before my meeting with corporate sponsors in an hour. This was the convenient device.) Just open up and push the button and the image is captured. Not great color, but works for this situation. Eric -

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Eric, your Photobooth photo is better than mine ever are. I always just delete mine.
Did you know you can go into the View menu and set to flip the photos to take the mirror image thingy way?

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Homero Ortega high weave count Cuenca.
IMG_0496.jpg

Last edited:

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
I was wondering when we would see that one, alanfgag. Looks very different worn than in the auction photos. Interesting ... :cool:

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Where did you buy that? I'd like to check it out.

At the Homero Ortega store in Quito, when I went last year to visit my sister. They have a website but I don't know the name of my hat. I hand picked it among hundreds as they were doing inventory when I went, Lucky me! (I reblocked it and replace the pug with ribbon. Weave count is around 30x30) They are expensive but the quality is superb.

These are just a few, they had so many towards the back of the shop

DSC05227.jpg

DSC05232.jpg

Last edited:

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
Was warm and humid and sunny today, but now we are getting storms and some tornadoes, but it was perfect Panama weather so I wore my new PB sale Cuenca. Just ordered another Medio Fino Montecristi from Bob. Will be US blocked and finished.

1-30-11007.jpg

1-30-11009.jpg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Photo%20on%202011-05-24%20at%2012.41.jpg

That, sir, is a fantastic hat! Love the brim shape and the crown dents. There is something grand about a fine wider bound edge fedora!

Thank you sir for the compliment on the hat! I have been using the steamer that I had used for my suits and slacks. This hat spent some time under my rookie "bash hands." The steamer really does work. Now that I have retired from Corp. America, the steamer finds more use s a hat steamer. Again, thanks for looking. My wife, on the other hand, was chuckling as she said that the slope of the brim turn-down was the same slope as my Scandinavian nose. Oh man!!! Although, I look and darn if she is not correct. Do know that I do not have enough vanity to go "Michael Jackson" and get plastic surgery. My nose AND HAT are perfect,in my world.

Thanks Suitedcboy! Glad to hear that others enjoy the style.

Enjoying the brim slope, Eric -

DJH

I'll Lock Up
zetwal, thanks. This is one of my favorites. I really like Art's BC felt.

B-man, yes I've certainly been enjoying my lighter colored hats of late. The Black Cherry is too nice to leave at home for too long though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner