Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
Nice cool day after a night of RAIN AGAIN !! :) Wearing my fathers Rittenhouse that he bought in 1948 at Monnig's Dept. Store over in Ft. Worth :)
11-8-10008.jpg

Liner:

Squatter1019.jpg

Crease still as he wore it:

Squatter1017.jpg

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
That's a nice hat, Monbla.

Thanks. It was his "....Sunday go to Meetin' hat" he used to wear to Mass only on Sundays as I recall. As styles changed this one went in the hat box and I found it on the shelf in his closet after he died 17 years ago. I don't wear it often but when I do, it wears "well" needless to say :) All I know is it must have been a in store brand as I cannot find anything about the brand.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Wow, Alan, zetwal, B'Man, jlee, monbla, great hats guys.

Cool that you get to wear your late dad's hat, monbla - that's a nice connection with him.

For me I was enjoying wearing (even though I certainly don't look as though I am) my Stetson 50 on a nice 42 degree morning today.

smugshot3041231-L.jpg

scooter

Practically Family
All are nice, but that Rittenhouse is wonderful, Monbla! I have my grandfather's hat, but it is far too small for me. I envy you that.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
2011-09-19112310.jpg

Out and about in the BEAUTIFUL San Francisco weather (how often do I get to say that? Not much!). Walking my dog in my Black Sheep Hatworks custom Milan.

I'll take the Bay Area weather over just about anything in the "SF" of the midwest... hey, I don't think I've ever seen a yard that nice in San Francisco!

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
Very nice, Mike. Just how wide is that felted edge?
I have never seen an edge like the one on this hat. It's about 3/8 inches wide and looks like a Cavanagh edge on the top, but is actually an underwelt with the under side flush and the stitching on the underwelt does not go through to the top side.
6630b6e7.jpg

ba326115.jpg

delectans

Call Me a Cab
I have never seen an edge like the one on this hat. It's about 3/8 inches wide and looks like a Cavanagh edge on the top, but is actually an underwelt with the under side flush and the stitching on the underwelt does not go through to the top side.

A very interesting edge treatment, indeed, It appears to be an incomplete felted edge with stitching reinforcement, and looks to be well done.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo