Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
Starting out the morning with my Mid-Fawn DM Squatter .

11-8-10004.jpg

here's a better shot of the true color:

19870019.jpg

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Josh. He has done some excellent work. Someday I will share some of the earlier pieces which are quite different. I have a few of his paintings at my house, including this portrait of me in my better hair days.

dads_painting.jpg

That's an incredible picture of you, Alan!! I love your father's work! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Thank you Josh. I'll have to share some of his older pictures, which are also interesting to see. This is one of a few paintings of his that I have at home. The background is taken from this image, one of the first pictures I took with a digital camera. I had given a print to him some years before.

starscape.jpg

job

One Too Many
Out this morning with my family in my Akubra Stylemaster

hatoct52011005-2.jpg
hatoct52011001-2.jpg

It looks like my hat is a smaller version of yours Monbla.

Last edited:

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
Out this morning with my family in my Akubra Stylemaster

hatoct52011005-2.jpg
hatoct52011001-2.jpg

It looks like my hat is a smaller version of yours Monbla.

Nice Stylemaster. I have that same one as well as two others in different colors. They are not similar though. The Squatter is a taller straighter open crowned hat witha a 1/2" bigger brim. Mine is creased in my fave crease, a center dent w/front pinches as opposed to the factory teardrop of the Stylemaster. But BOTH are GREAT hats :)
Here's my Acorn Fawn (from DM) :

96300025.jpg

A favorite of mine too... I was happy when he gave it to me. It's a wonderful and comforting thing how you remain a boy in your parent's eyes.

cheers,
Alan

Sorry Justin... I have heard that before. I've used it as an avatar on other forums that allow animated GIFs... perhaps the wisdom of Fedora Lounge not to. 8^) It's inspired by my favorite moment in the film classic La Jetée... worth a watch on Netflix if you haven't seen it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidZL