Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Willow Whippet...

WillowWhippet.jpg

So many great hats to comment on, I don't know where to start.

Z, that backlit view is a teaser... how great might that look with the daylight streaming onto it.

Last edited:

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Super sweet Strat, Perry! and the colors on that Whippet are perfect, JtL. Great stuff.

That Kevin McAndrew is pretty sweet, too, Javier. I came across one recently in black. I so wanted to buy it, except that it was 2 sizes too big. Nice felt quality though.

JAVIER

Practically Family
Super sweet Strat, Perry! and the colors on that Whippet are perfect, JtL. Great stuff.

That Kevin McAndrew is pretty sweet, too, Javier. I came across one recently in black. I so wanted to buy it, except that it was 2 sizes too big. Nice felt quality though.
The felt is super soft, if you find one your size definitely grab it you will not be disappointed.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Edina, St. Paul, Bayport, MN part 1

A rare excursion with my wife that I hope to make a more regular occurrence:

Taking advantage of the weather and time off, I took my wife up to the twin cities area yesterday. All I really needed for the trip:

edinatrip001.jpg

(plus my wife, of course!)

Two flicks at the Edina Cinema: The Artist, and Tinker, Taylor, Soldier, Spy
edinatrip021.jpg

Both great films, but better hats in The Artist-- lots of them!

edinatrip013.jpg

I took Al's recommendation and made reservations at the Meritage restaurant, St. Paul. Knowing what he eats-- at least the stuff that he posts here ;) I knew it would be good, and that's an understatement. We aren't used to eating this kind of cuisine, so what the heck-- carpe diem! We went with the five course!

edinatrip014.jpg

edinatrip015.jpg

edinatrip016.jpg

edinatrip017.jpg

A few of the highlights (in order of the photos) were a champagne/absinthe cocktail, the foie gras macaron, the braised scallops, and the seared duck. Wow-- thank you, Al!!!! I know these photos simply can't compare to yours, but the food was too delectable not to share!

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
MN, part 2

Another recommendation from Al took us briefly to Heime's Haberdashery before being seated for dinner. This one took my wife a little extra persuading.
They appeared to have a really wonderful selection of modern production hats. While I would have been interested in trying a few, the racks weren't organized and the young salespeople had no idea what the 7 1/8 inventory was, or where to find it!
edinatrip005.jpg

edinatrip006.jpg

edinatrip007.jpg

Still, we managed to find one in my size, by Guerra. I don't care to repeat the words my wife used to describe me in this hat, but suffice it to say that it was clear that this "eggplant" porkpie was not going home with us!
edinatrip010.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy