Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
Nice Strat, Zetwal. The color looks similar to mine. I know you own pins, do you wear them at all?

It does look similar to yours. And it may be the same color. It's hard to know without seeing them side by side.

On occasion, I will wear a vintage DC3 for a week or two at a time for a little variety. Even though I think the pins are really cool, most of the time I don't wear one.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Traveling to a meet in a couple of hours. Last minute paperwork and preparations. Wearing my VS Dove the next couple of days as my normal guy costume. My coach costume is packed and ready.

IMG0398-L.jpg

Spoke to athletes, their parents and our 2 coaches who will be traveling at the end of morning practice. We spoke of striving for personal excellence. Tuff, buff and pretty athletes heading out to tackle excellence. My hat was casually left on a beam during the summary and my wife snapped a pic.

IMG0411-M.jpg

Inspired by the girls to be my best, Eric -

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Perry. I admit I am in a bit of a holding pattern wearing this hat. I supose this is an "issue." More attention should be given to my other "lonely hats." I sure other forum folks will recognize as familiar my current "issues."

Working to solve "issues," Eric -

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Today I'm wearing my 1960's Dobbs Westward "Beater"

I have to be honest, this isn't very good felt. The finish is okay, but there is too much shellac in the felt and when the brim is bent without steam, it "crinkles." The crown is fairly soft with less shellac, but it will always be a beater. I did replace the ribbon with a 3 cord ribbon. Its the same height at 3/8 of an inch, but I think looks better than just the standard grosgrain ribbon.

westward1.jpg

westward2.jpg

westward3.jpg

I tried going for the "The Douglas" shot....

Last edited:

Salty O'Rourke

Practically Family
This is the finest hat I own. I rarely wear it, partly because I'm so protective of it and partly because it doesn't match up well with a lot of my duds. It's the only hat that retains the feather it came with; I think it's the original feather as the hat came to me in near mint condition. At one time I considered selling it, but now I think I'll keep it.

Disney Fifteen, velour finish, in a deep brick/rust/oxblood sort of color:

6812866079_cb0d55c6b4_z.jpg

6812865977_780ce21d49_z.jpg

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Today I'm wearing my 1960's Dobbs Westward "Beater"

I tried going for the "The Douglas" shot....

Slummin' it today, are ya Josh? lol that's a great hat, and I like what you did with the ribbon. I'd have to double check, but I think you gotta make sure one eye is completely hidden for the awesome "Douglas" shot!

BR Gordon

One Too Many
We went to visit a hat shop in Valparaiso that was established in 1927. Very nice shop, with very few customers.

On the next block over was a hat repair shop that was probably a total 250 to 300sf. There were two individuals working on hats. I spoke to the owner for a few minutes, but the customers starting lining up behind me, so I left to allow him to go back to work. I wanted to get photos of the interior, but as long as I waited, the shop never emptied of customers. This is just the exterior of the shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR