Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Historyteach24

Call Me a Cab
My new to me Towncraft that I picked this past weekend for 8 bucks. It is now my favorite hat at least until my customs come in :)
020712103435.jpg

020712103518.jpg

020712103457.jpg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
BR; Thanks bunchs for sharing your southern adventures. I have looked at the pics and imagine myself visiting. I have not been back to South America since my early 20's and remember it fondly. Your pics are enjoyable for the story and the rememberances.

Mike; Thanks for sharing. Looks like a serene place for a get away. Oysters are definately a treat.

Going "Afield" from my desk this morning, Eric -

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Looks like a comfy, no-nonsense hat, Teach.

Mallory for me today. The trolley cord has a mind of its own. In fact, I snipped it off after this picture.

6344f31708a6ba471328640138.jpeg

Last edited:

SilastheCartoonist

New in Town
My dad (jbucklin)and i took our Stetson Chathams and reshaped them to pork-pies. He left his crown taller, however I made mine much more squatty, in honor of Buster Keaton. In the following picture I am doing my best rendition of the Great Stone Face.
Photo296.jpg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Perry; Great dimensions on that hat for you. You look sharp dressed casual today.

Teach; Hope your kids see you as styling in the Towncraft.

Salty; Classy hat. Your pics are classy. Class act sir. Your backyard looks good without snow.

Alan; You and your hat make a good pair.

Randall; I like the lighter colored Mallory. Bad luck wth the trolley cord. I use them all the time near the lake.

JBucklin and Silas; I think of you as the Porkpie boys.

Good hats folks.
Eric -

Joeffrey Herra

New in Town
Nice conversion how did you do it? I seen instructions online but seem sorta weird brushing with sugar water or soaking till pliable. I have a modern stetson Chatham and semi like it so maybe a buster Keaton bash might do the trick.

My dad (jbucklin)and i took our Stetson Chathams and reshaped them to pork-pies. He left his crown taller, however I made mine much more squatty, in honor of Buster Keaton. In the following picture I am doing my best rendition of the Great Stone Face.
Photo296.jpg

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
Nice conversion how did you do it? I seen instructions online but seem sorta weird brushing with sugar water or soaking till pliable. I have a modern stetson Chatham and semi like it so maybe a buster Keaton bash might do the trick.
If I were going to do it I would mist it with distilled water, shape it, and let it dry in the pork-pie shape.

SilastheCartoonist

New in Town
Thank you Joeffrey. First off, my dad has a straight sided dome hat shaper that we used to straighten the hat into an open-crown to get rid of that modern tapered look. From there, we just sprayed it with distilled water, and worked the crown into the pork-pie shape. As for Keaton using sugar water to stiffen it, we simply used an iron on the brim (with a hankercheif twixt the hat and iron to protect the felt) and it worked just fine! I heard Buster went through hundreds of hats per film, causing me to believe sugar water may not be ideal. Either way, i highly recommend converting it into a pork-pie. Though I must warn you, the squattier you make it, the harder it is to keep on your head! :O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy