Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
I've always been under the impression that "suede" and "regular" finish were the same, I think from reading Beaver Brand's descriptions a few years back. Can you explain the difference?

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Hmm... I could be wrong and are basing this just on my experience. Regular finish will be like your wellington, the usual, standard type you see in hats. Suede... it literally feels like luxurious suede, quite heavy on this Knox and very dense. Bad description, I know. Maybe Art could explain it better from a professional standpoint.

coble

A-List Customer
Looking good so far,
Manfred, Dave and Mike.
pw006.jpg

Royal Stetson, a recent Ebay find. Light heathered gray with a medium sized fabric dark gray band. A very different hat.

very different indeed. I really like this stetson. Its very casual looking. Nice tones, definately interesting and neat. Definately need to browse ebay for one like this.

coble

A-List Customer
edinatrip001.jpg

the one to your right in the photo is your Falcon, correct? If so that one is STILL my favorite of yours, i love that lid, its so clean looking and stunning, keep it as is, don't change anything on it its perfect just like that.

-dealing with the paintings and being self portraits, theirs a lot of me in those 2 pieces, you can of course see the hats, but i've never felt so connected to my pieces a lot of soul went into them. I paint by light, meaning i use light to portray my work, just like Monet did when he painted. Thanks Alan for the compliment, as well as you bowlerman. I will post photos of the show to share to you guys, theirs a lot of nice work from all the artists displayed on the walls, its 2 guys very first show so that makes it exciting as well.

---great lids, i posted last night and it just swarmed with awesome photos, keep it up guys. I haven't bought a new lid in a while, you guys are inspiration to my addiction.

Last edited:
very different indeed. I really like this stetson. Its very casual looking. Nice tones, definately interesting and neat. Definately need to browse ebay for one like this.

Thanks, Coble. I had not seen one quite like this before, so when it came up and in my size, I went for it. It would be a nice one for a custom hatter to re-create I think.

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
Thanks all for the comments and compliments. I'm definitely going to flatten the front brim of my Wide Country. Seeing Bowlerman's, I agree that my hat’s up-turned brim is a big part of the problem. And I think I'm just used to the 2 3/4 inch or wider brims on all of my other hats. Maybe if I just wear this little hat more, I'll get used to the look.

By the way...my Resistol was originally sold at a place called Berle's Men Shop in Norfolk Nebraska. The person who sold it to me said that Berle's closed over thirty years ago. I can find nothing about it on the internet which leads me to believe that the seller may be right. Any Nebraskans here familiar with Berle's in Norfolk?

AF

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Hmm... I could be wrong and are basing this just on my experience. Regular finish will be like your wellington, the usual, standard type you see in hats. Suede... it literally feels like luxurious suede, quite heavy on this Knox and very dense. Bad description, I know. Maybe Art could explain it better from a professional standpoint.

It makes some sense, I suppose. I've been wondering a bit about that lately, since I got my Lee blue label black homburg. It is considerably heavier and more velvet-feeling than any of my other hats.

the one to your right in the photo is your Falcon, correct? If so that one is STILL my favorite of yours, i love that lid, its so clean looking and stunning, keep it as is, don't change anything on it its perfect just like that.

Indeed it is. As a matter of fact I wore it today. No intent of making any changes to it. I think it's my favorite, too!
0043copy.jpg

TipTop

Practically Family

B.J. Hedberg

Practically Family
Chepstow, thanks.

I still can't get over your shaping of that hat, B.J. You make that BB look like a real vintage!

Thanks sir. Been thinking about trying one in silverbelly. Love the Falcon by the way, it's great.

Last night/early this morning was the modified Campdraft. I need a custom like this, but with a slightly taller crown. Maybe a smaller brim, but I'm not sure on that one.

IMG0035.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou