Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC Capellor

One of the Regulars
On the way to dinner this evening 85F hot and breezy in my dad's late '50's Churchill Ltd. Zurich "Saville". Needs the band cleaned and reglued but the very thin supple straw is as cool as it gets for black.

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Manfred: You are most kind, as always, my friend!

wine65: Thank you. I am confident you will be very pleased with your new Panama from Optimo, and just in time for the Summer heat! Please post some photos after receipt. Welcome to the lounge!

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Some quick images from yesterday in Chicago before leaving the hotel this morning, while waiting for Ryan and Lydia to get ready:

At the Field Museum. Optimo, in Porcelain. Untapered Cagney crown with modified, wider brim.

Optimo Milan.

Taking a break under the natural light of the gorgeous skylights overhead.

Walking towards the historic Majestic Theater, now known as the Bank of America Theatre, to catch 'Jersey Boys '. Early evening.

I really love the suffused light and solitary mysteriousness of big city alleys.

Last edited:

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Al, your Optimo in Porcelain, man, wonderful, really wonderful. This color and shape is truly fantastic.
The Milan from Optimo looks perfect for Summer and you wear it well, dude.

KC C, nice black one. Looks good!

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Very Hot today. Inspired by the many guys, with their Panama and Milans.
For me, a Panama Cuenca with new grosgrain ribbon.

wear92.jpg

Al, Super looking Optimo Milan! I really like the color of the ribbon. Also interesting photo backgrounds.

Manfred, Thanks! Your Panama looks super! Nice work with the new ribbon!

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Love your Chicago shots, AL. While the milan is very nice, the Porcelain is out of this world. A great companion to your Silverbelly 1000.

Manfred, nice Panama - looks good with that ribbon.

Earlier I was wearing this Gambler style Panama that I won on the Panador Hats Facebook page.

I wondered whether I'd ever wear it:

Not my style
Too white
Fabric sweatband
Poor fit - they do the small, medium, large deal.

Anyway, I wore it on a nice 5 mile walk with the dogs and it worked really well. I appreciated the shade from the wide brim, could feel the breeze through the weave, the fabric sweatband fitted to my shape nicely as things heated up.

So it is another good outdoor activity hat for these warm days!

gambler-L.jpg

Chief000731

Practically Family
And my Buckaroo Chief...
SundayPics018.jpg

SundayPics014.jpg

And my Optimo
SundayPics021.jpg

SundayPics019.jpg

But my Buckaroo Chief is very very special to me from the guys on The Fedora Lounge!!!

SundayPics009.jpg

SundayPics011.jpg

Last edited:

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Great stuff, Chief.

I have the twin of your Borsalino (thanks to Alan), they are great hats.

The Buckaroo "Chief" is the star though. I have it on my mental wish list to ask the Major if he could make one for me at some point. If there is a hat sums up the Lounge spirit, it is the "Chief".

Splinter - welcome to the lounge! Your hat looks good on you and you look comfortable wearing it - that is what counts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eltqt