Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

B.J. Hedberg

Practically Family
Manfred, Eric, Alex, Ordinary Guy – thanks for the comments the other day. As to the Campdraft, it’s just a basic Imperial version. Great hats all around as usual, I need to make more time to stop by more often.

a new bull denim in bone
100_5566.jpg
now that is nice, just got into these caps where can I get one of those
VM

Saturday Night and Sunday Morning

Helped show the night sky to the public for the annual fundraiser at the Buffalo Museum of Science.

The rooftop was nice and quiet while setting up... time for a little solar observing before guests arrived.

1.jpg

3.jpg

Switched to a five inch refractor for views of the moon.

4.jpg

Last chance for pictures at sunset. We had 500 folks up on the roof most of the night.

5.jpg

Sunday morning and I'm still in the same duds. Heading to the Elmwood Art Festival with Sophie... 50 feet from home. Gotta love life in the city.

6.jpg

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Randall, Che, Alex, Eric, O-Guy, Rusty and Frank, thanks guys for the kind words , hahah, please stay on the sidewalk, there is enough space!
I did not want to give the impression that he's mine! :D

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Frank, the cap looks outstanding, Sir and it looks so good on you!

Eric, fantastic Strat, the original color looks great!

Alex, that hat looks great and the color too! I like the shape!

Case, sharp Homburg, you wear it well!

Simonds, that Cap looks really good on you! Good job!

Alan, that are wonderful photos as ever, very impressive the telescope and a superbe looking hat!

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Great hats over the weekend, guys.

Sounds like the fundraising event was a success and well attended, Alan.

I'm starting out today with a Knox 20.

smugshot625373-L.jpg

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Alan, thanks, too kind ! I must laugh if I see my photo today, I have seen me this morning again and yes, I would go myself out of the way!
hahaha

David, very exquisit Knox, looks sharp!

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Eric: Thanks for your kind words. I am glad you enjoyed the photos. We are finally back in Minnesota and I will be posting more photos from our trip in the next few days.

Alan: Always a treat to view your beautiful photo sets. Great landscapes and portraits of your family. The terrific hats are gravy.

St. Valentine

A-List Customer
Manfred Thank you! And Alan is right - showstopper was the best description! :D

Alan The portrait shot with your wife looks great!

David Wow, that Knox is a stunner!

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Once again, Alan, thanks for the photo set. Very enjoyable armchair travel.

(I wondered if perhaps Robert Battle is related to Kathleen, but a quick search didn't yield the connection. That would be too much talent for one family anyway.)

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Notes On Our Summer Travels Across Longitude And Time Zones (Part 3)

Morning stroll to the market again on August 8th. Lydia and Ryan still have not acclimated to the timezone or heat and humidity, so I plan our day accordingly.

Taipei 101 is one of the most photogenic skyscrapers anywhere.

The already intense sub-tropical Sun beats down upon the terra cotta tile roof of the Sun Yat-sen Memorial Hall.

Umbrellas deployed for protection from the Sun. In Asia, a suntan is not considered particularly attractive, especially amongst women, who prize fair complexion. The wearing of hats of all kinds is much more prevalent here compared with the USA.

Phenomenally large, sweet and juicy peaches from a vendor who only comes to this market on Wednesdays. They sell out very quickly.

Not quite sure just what I was doing here??? OPTIMO Montecristi.

Perhaps I was haggling with the peach vendor. She was extraordinarily animated and good humored, her peaches a bargain at nearly $4USD apiece!

This vegetable seller is sporting at least a 4" brim.

Delicious food everywhere one looks. We could not help but eat five or six times throughout the day.

Last edited:

delectans

Call Me a Cab

The indoor stalls of the Guang Fu Market are only a few city blocks away from the towering giant of steel and glass.

Youngster peddling his bike and popsicles.

We are back for more steamed buns.

It does not take long to develop an affinity for certain vendors and their wares.

Small Buddhist and Taoist temples can be found in some unlikely places.

Lavishly detailed roof decoration with religious and cultural significance.

Worship in Chinese temples consists of making offerings to the various deities, spirits, and ancestors and by burning incense, or joss sticks.

Last edited:

delectans

Call Me a Cab

Back at the Sun Yat-sen Memorial Hall in the afternoon.

Completed in 1972, the memorial hall honors the founding father of modern China, acknowledged by the communists and nationalists alike.

"National Father Memorial Hall".

Hourly changing of the guard.

The stately bronze of Dr. Sun Yat-sen "stands" 19ft. tall.

The honor guard is drawn from all three branches of the military.

Maria, from the Fritz Lang masterpiece "Metropolis". The memorial hall serves as a community gathering place and multi-purpose cultural center. We attended the current exhibit: "Robot Story".

Iron Man Mk VI armor.

Ryan and I interacting with a robot.

Last edited:

delectans

Call Me a Cab

Educated abroad, Dr. Sun was known to have a fondness for fedoras, as illustrated by this portrait.

Hip-Hoppers and Break Dancers gather in the veranda of the memorial hall by early afternoon...

...while old men play Chinese Chess.

Sculpture of a youthful Sun Yat-sen.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart