Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RBH

Bartender
MrFusion said:
Today is my new AdventureBilt's maiden voyage. It's quite a hat...:)
hatside.jpg
Very nice!!!! Lets see it on!!!!! :eusa_clap

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
About that sage green Stetson...

Mine has no imprint of "Open Road" or "Stratoliner" in it anywhere but it is SO that style of Stetson that I always wondered about the damn thing.

At the Memphis get-together, I was just in the midst of describing this hat to the group when a young lady (Alexis, if memory serves) strolled up with one in a box. Just like my hat in every way except hers reads "Open Road" on the sweatband under "Royal DeLuxe Stetson". Oh, and the best part; someone GAVE that hat to her for FREE earlier that day because she mentioned she likes vintage items.

Just last eve, I reshaped this lil' beauty by simply wetting the crown and brim with tap water and conforming it better to what I like. Very minor tweaks. Took to it easily, improved the proportions a touch and it fits better now too.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Craig Robertson said:
playboy.jpg

In the White Mountains of New Hampshire with my Stetson Playboy. My walk-in-the-woods hat.

Very nice, Craig. :eusa_clap Did you change the ribbon on that lid?

Cheers,
JtL

RBH

Bartender
HarpPlayerGene said:
Mine has no imprint of "Open Road" or "Stratoliner" in it anywhere but it is SO that style of Stetson that I always wondered about the damn thing.

At the Memphis get-together, I was just in the midst of describing this hat to the group when a young lady (Alexis, if memory serves) strolled up with one in a box. Just like my hat in every way except hers reads "Open Road" on the sweatband under "Royal DeLuxe Stetson". Oh, and the best part; someone GAVE that hat to her for FREE earlier that day because she mentioned she likes vintage items.

Just last eve, I reshaped this lil' beauty by simply wetting the crown and brim with tap water and conforming it better to what I like. Very minor tweaks. Took to it easily, improved the proportions a touch and it fits better now too.
As we await the photos!!!! :D :D

I too have found that water or water misted from a spray is the best to shape a hat. To me it works alot faster than steam, and dries with no after effect.
I did the same thing to my Marathon.... like it a whole lot better with the little bit higher front pinch.

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I'm wearing this hat today. It's one of the Johnnyphi Collection, an Adam Royal and my first thin ribbon hat.

IMG_0299.jpg

It's a nice, lightweight hat with no liner...perfect for days like today: not too hot and humid here today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot