Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Light And Dark

Antiquing with Lydia and Ryan on Saturday. 1940s Beverly Hills 'DeLuxe Quality'.

Stumbled upon a cache of mens haberdashery catalog sample boards from 1932.

Trying on a vintage Pendleton jacket.

Carrying out a beautiful old Persian runner with vibrant colors. Lydia had been looking for a longer, older runner for some time, and at nearly 20' in length, this one was perfect.

Sunday morning. Back-bow "Rossolino" By Trimble, 'Silver Beaver XXXXX Quality'. A 1950s revival of a 1930s design.

A splendid October day with temperatures in the 60s.

The pumpkins have been out for nearly a month now, but it was odd to be in short sleeves this late into October in Minnesota.

The proportions of the untapered, tall crown and moderate brim are very evocative of the 1930s style that many of us adore.

Last edited:

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks Chepstow! Nice to see more than just fedoras in here. The cap fits you well!

Thanks Bowlerman, I'm partial to the Lee western myself though the Miller is a bit lower key and combines more easily with clothing. The Falcon Park looks great with a suit. Very professional.

Thanks Hatophile! Nice Adam!

SBG. My favorite hats are my VS's but I don't wear them when there's a high chance of getting dirty. Western style seemed more appropriate with rougher clothing and picking up dirty pumpkins. Love the sharksgills on that VS.

Delectans: Thanks! Your lids and your photos from out on the town are always impressive.

Rodkins: That Borsalino is phenomenal!

Great pair of hats Al.
Eric, I also look forward to your nature shots with hats. That light gray one is especially nice today.
Mike, with those 2 good looking hats, I never would have noticed the collar unless you mentioned it. Besides,
it gives you that "rumpled" look.
Nice outfit Manfred, you look like out of the 30's.

I'm nodding to everyone's prior comments... lots of great pictures. Perry, it's good to see you back. Che, your pictures and locales are really a joy to see. Jeff, that is a very powerful portrait... well done! Mike, the awesomeness of that Borsalino really rings out in your photo. Eric, Manfred... well hatted and capped.

AL, amazing pictures as always. We gave up buying rugs when we started making kids. Fortunately we got most of the floors covered in the years before... but after a couple of decades they could use some freshening up with something like your new brilliant tribal. Enjoy it!

A spectacularly beautiful day today and some fine stuff to start the week - thanks for sharing the photos!

Last edited:

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
Awesome hats, everyone. Would love to address some specific lids; unfortunately, I'm just not feelin' it today. Had a fever last night. All achy today. Will be going home early today...

B8FB8104.jpg

Over the weekend, feeling like A&A, looking worse, checking out Donna's porch decor. Having the black house is a lot of responsibility around Halloween.

102112.jpg

Much improved this morning... felt like a Gay Prince.

102212.jpg

delectans

Call Me a Cab
casechopper: Much obliged for your kind comments!

Perry: Thanks!

Alan: Love your cap choice and Gay Prince, and thank you for your kind words as always!

David: It's obvious she wants another hat! :D Nice, streamlined Straoliner today.

Steve: A beauty!

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Oh, the ghouls are out early this season!
Great hats today, everyone.

AnA-- feel better soon, but I have to say that's one of the greatest pics in this thread!

Jared, I also wanted to comment on your photo posted several days ago-- what a great panorama for your Stetson 100.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Jeff: Perfect hat to wear to a Sunday performance. How was the Dvorak 'American' ? ;)

Thanks Al! Your Beverly Hills Deluxe is lavish and luxurious, but that Trimble is a knockout!
"The American" went well, other than my warm mosit breath mixing with an extremely dry concert venue causing a river of condensation underneath my C key, making a lovely gurgly quarter-tone variation on a few notes in the second movement melody... ;) Oh, the life of an oboist during seasonal shifts... lol

Al & Alan, Thanks!

Alan, Good to hear you are feeling better. Fantastic cap amoung the living dead! Gay Prince to the rescue!

David, Strat meets Zombie! Super! Also today's Stetson 25!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ayanda