Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

memphislawyer

Practically Family
Took my new Buckaroo Hatters hat out for the full wearing, not the test drive I did after I got it yesterday:

photo1-4_zps85d4439d.jpg

I sent that pic to my wife. She said too tall. Heck, it is only a 1/2 inch taller than the Stetson but I guess it just seems taller. Well, I like it. Rocky and Mike would have told me if it was a wrong fit for me, I grew to trust them. Mike has his own preferences, but he won't sell you, he will just answer questions and I liked that.

Anyway, what I have on is the reason I picked the silverbelly. I dont wear coats much in winter because I hate trying to keep up with them. And if you go from car to mall, I wanna ditch the coat. Would rather layer with a sweater. I could have gotten the steel color, and maybe dove or silvermist, but I think this will be so versatile. Looked pretty good with the grey striped suit I wore to Mike's yesterday. I was telling Rusty that I had thought about a ribbon edge and the ribbon being more to the grey side and almost matching the color of the hat, but the more I think about it, it would not have been much contrast and well, khaki works with everything I figure. I wear khakis a lot and every shirt seems to go with it, so why not have a khaki ribbon. Anyway, I am pumped and proud to post this first what-hat-are-you wearing photo. I love Eric's, Alan's, J Lee's, hatophiles, Bowlerman's, David's Deputy Swoops and the other pics.

I sent that pic to my wife. She said too tall. Heck, it is only a 1/2 inch taller than the Stetson but I guess it just seems taller. Well, I like it....

Not to be disagreeable with anybody's wife.....your hat is not too tall based on the photo & your facial shape. There is symmetry between the crown above the brim line & your jaw line below. Any shorter crowned hat would be off balance. The pinch works with your nose & chin as well.Mike & Rocky know their business...

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
A smaller ribbon will make a crown appear taller. Give it time and she'll probably get used to seeing you wear a hat of those proportions.

Neophyte

This pic might appear too large on my first try. Anyway, I spiffed up a tad today and chose my only true dress fedora as of yet, the Buckaroo Hatters Moorelite in Silverbelly.

*Edit*: Yeah, I can't seem to get the photos to shrink. Photobucket's been getting on my last nerve. Nothing has been working right since their latest update.

0FD51CF7-F2BF-4B4E-BD74-E329E7A3F801-2504-00000185320797C3-1-1_zpsb2ddc916.jpg

Last edited:

Neophyte

Thank you Mike :). After failing to part with it on several occasions, it has since become a favorite in my line-up. Thank you for introducing us lol.

Neophyte

It's special, for sure. Incredibly soft and light, you barely notice it's there. Which, I discovered, is not good on a windy day lol. I may have to send it off for a cleaning soon.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
I am more or less stuck in the "still drinking coffee mode" and have not replaced my pajama's with any other form of attire.....thus the only hat I may wear today, is still sleeping in the closet shelf......

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
Some very nice has today!

I am wearing my 30's/40's Campbell Homburg. I don't have a camera right now, but maybe can post a photo a bit later, when my girlfriend comes over with her fancy phone.

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Not to be disagreeable with anybody's wife.....your hat is not too tall based on the photo & your facial shape. There is symmetry between the crown above the brim line & your jaw line below. Any shorter crowned hat would be off balance. The pinch works with your nose & chin as well.Mike & Rocky know their business...
memphislawyer,
Yup ! exactly !

& our wives tend to go there early on due to their Men lookin sharp.
Your hat is perfect & is sooooooo easy to dress up, down, casual, work, play, etc.........
Meaning your going to look good at all times.....
Other gals will notice so be cool & hold your wife's arm, hand when your out next time.....
& you will be back soon to see the Major for another hat !!!!
This one is perfect.....

seabass

Call Me a Cab
This pic might appear too large on my first try. Anyway, I spiffed up a tad today and chose my only true dress fedora as of yet, the Buckaroo Hatters Moorelite in Silverbelly.

*Edit*: Yeah, I can't seem to get the photos to shrink. Photobucket's been getting on my last nerve. Nothing has been working right since their latest update.
Neo,
the pic is excellent !
I want to see the excellent detail of that custom hat, so the larger it is on my screen the better !
& that is a Excellent hat & Swoop !

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Chepstow,
Looking sharp in that Fritz Borso good way to bring in the New Year,
GT,
Moonstone cant go wrong there good 1
David,
you are so active, Clear-Beaver yeaaaa.
Terry,
Playboy & a Americano perfect.........did the same the other day but at Peet' s
Hato,
Mode edge ala Perry Swoop = Perfect !
LMH2
yea im in the same mode fun huh.
splinter,
going out to the big dance tonight ? got to see the Hom !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters