Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
We also had some fun trying on the shop's Allie-Maillard conformateur.

Jan doesn't appear to find it particularly comfortable....

IMG_4778_zps7e64c226.jpg

(Neither did I for that matter - and apparently I am a square oval)

Other stops included the famous Wrigley Field,

IMG_4780_zps5b726aa7.jpg

then some sightseeing in the Art Institute of Chicago (hats in tow, of course - for myself, my oxblood Optimo as well as one of their caps; Mulceber had his steel VS).

IMG_4787_zpsa21b8fd9.jpg

I was feeling a little Cameron Frye.

IMG_4791_zps77c03af1.jpg

IMG_4807_zps786300ff.jpg

IMG_4811_zps95962d87.jpg

IMG_4812_zps53315f29.jpg

There is currently a big Picasso exhibit going on at the museum.

IMG_4819_zpsdf0467e7.jpg

IMG_4820_zps6c3004ab.jpg

IMG_4821_zps01b06809.jpg

We also made a stop at Vosges chocolates who makes some of the most delicious treats I've eaten.... Truffles infused with such ingredients as Krug champagne, chile peppers, cheese, balsamic vinegar, and even olives. Dinner was at Weber Grill near the Mag Mile.

All in all, a fantastic trip. Now to wait for our hats to be completed and mailed to us.

Cheers!
flute (and writing on behalf of Mulceber)

stevew443

One of the Regulars
My work day is almost over, but last night I wore my tawney Stetson Whippet along with an olive tweed sport coat and a rust colored bow tie. I have no idea why I try to dress well for night shift when only the guard sees me, and then only when I pass him on my way out to smoke my pipe during my breaks.

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Phineas, Knox Jaguar sounds good and looks good!

Blackthorn, a good hat not only for travel, great and good modification the vent holes!

Tom, sharp looking Strat and a wonderful Biltmore. I am not sure what I prefer, both are great!

David, ahh a Whippet, you wear your Whippet great and the Borsalino, a fantastic looking hat.

Inspector, wow, great color on your Whippet looks very good!

g-durand, very nice Stetson looks good on you.

Bruce, that Adventurebilts are fantastic hats!

Sam, your Knox looks super cool, great hat!

Perry, wow, two sharp hats, the colonel and the Stetson looks great on you!

Stevew, sounds good! That combination works well!

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Blackthorn, Phineas, Tom, David, Perry, and Sam:

Well that ain't a shabby way to start the week, gentlemen!

Nice ones over the weekend too, inspector, and mike and everyone.

Haven't given this one a spin in quite awhile, and feels right today: Stephen Stetson Excello "customized" lord's hat.

019drn.jpg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Terrific pics this morning fellows. The variety shown in the pics are big. Hat love shows thru.

This morning I am heading out in a silverbelly VS Wanderer and a warm sweater. We should recieve 10" of snow over the next 2 days. I am prepared for any delay or shoveling duty this afternoon/evening.

IMG_4508-M.jpg

Best, Eric -

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Jeff, looks good the black one, very very nice, I dig that style!

Robert, excellent Dobbs with a great color ribbon combination! You are a hat collector with very special and rarely hats, here

Eric, your Silverbelly looks fantastic, the Modell Wanderer are very popular here in the lounge!

Last edited:

stevew443

One of the Regulars
SteveW I applaud the effort of midnight shift. May I ask what you do? Just trying to get the mental image of the guard seeing you dressed to the nines
I work help desk for a large government agency. I support the upper management of this agency, and they want 24 hour coverage in case the Secretary has problems. Most nights I just answer emails, but on the weekends I get to sit and read and surf the net with my tablet and hotspot. I cannot believe that I am actually getting paid for showing up on the weekends. Last night I had 4 emails to answer and I took 2 phone calls for a total of 45 minutes work. By the way, I live at the other side of WV from you, over near Charles Town.

Historyteach24

Call Me a Cab
Sweet! I will be over near Harpers Ferry this summer on my way to Gettysburg. I have always wanted to spend time in the eastern panhandle. Very historic part of our state.

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
Nice hats today! I'm in a rush right now, so don't have time to compliment each and every one of ya!

Today, I am going with my recently aquired Early 40's Stetson (many thanks to Aaron again)!

00812.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StrangeRay