Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
St. Patty's (Catch-up time...)

Attending a 3/17 birthday party for my late father's cousin. 100 Years of age. 110 is the new 100!
Sorry for slightly out of focus first two photos; admittedly unintended, but works well to soften the wrinkles!
IMG_0929_zps06f352e9.jpg

IMG_0928_zpseb81edbb.jpg

IMG_0921_zpseeec040f.jpg

Looks like you're getting a lot of use out of that snow blower this year HatsRme!

Yessireebob! Got my money's worth this winter.

Great shot of you in front of the Guggenheim last week. There were at least five MIT alumn at the 100 yr. birthday party I attended Sunday. They're a WILD bunch.

Last edited:

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Wow, hatsrme! That's not the kind of birthday party you go to every day. Very nice hats.

David, nice wide brimmed 25!
Rogera, nice BGCD!
gtdean, keep those TARs coming. They're great.
VetPsychWars-- now that's a cool hat. steel grey or more blue?

Alan, the Barbisio is in a class of its own, served up hot for sure. Hope it tasted good!

Al, I'm really enjoying your posts again. A few favorites have been that sublime emerald Miller-- man that's a beauty-- as well as the Mallory snowfall and black velour. Beautiful melone today as well. You have inspired me to get on the bowler bandwagon this morning.

1928 Kaufman Hats, "Deerskin Felts" Derby. This rarely gets out of the [original] box, because it is easily the nicest derby I own. The liner and sweatband are amazing too.

011enz.jpg

012pbu.jpg

832h.jpg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Back to the gym in a couple of moments. Snapped a pic attempting to show the enormous fight of inertia I am having sitting in a comfortable chair.

IMG_4634-M.jpg

Vs Wanderer is my hat choice for today.

Best, Eric

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Wow, great hats fellows.

HatsRme; The Stetson Packard appears to be the perfect snow protection today. As to catch-up, I do not see wrinkles I see a well hated wise man.

Jeff; Darn a bowler really looks good on you. I have typed this a couple of times trying to describe what exactly the working bowler look is. I have failed other than coming up with the description – Jeff!

David; We need the snow, frozen water. The recent big snows have made a mess of travel and the exterior of my autos, but it will go a long way to helping things sprout this spring. It is a dynamite hat for a snow day.

Rogers; I like the Akubra on you. The bluegrass color is one of my fav’s.

Al; What to say other a BIG THANKS for the visual excursion into “AL’s World.”

Case; As always you wear the hat. I have not yet seen a hat that wears you.

Perry; The grey Adam is classy.! Coordinating with the day’s weather is your new practice. Hmmmm – can not wait for the weather to change. Although, I am cringing to think about the over 100’F weather that may tempt you to some arguably non-pc dress.

GT Dean; The horse friends of my wife have influenced me to thinking that the silverbelly hats are a dress hat. Nice dress hat!

TJones; The cap works for you. Nice look.

Alan; The Barbisio looks great. The crown and brim ratio look at home pn your head.

To the many, many other posters that I have missed – keep it up folks. It is my pleasure to see you in your hats.

Best, Eric -

Thanks, gentlemen!

I failed to give appropriate credit to Mr. Fawcett for the light sage w/dark brown ribbon "party" hat.
It was this one that prompted my all-time favorite comment from a street vendor I walked past two new years ago. "We got hats here... Not REAL NICE ones like this guy (pointing to me)... But we got hats here...!"
Thanks Art!

Beautiful derbies, Jeff and AL! And thanks again for all the good press on my brown Barbisio.

Today I hailed the Motor. Its aerodynamic lines and ribbon cut through the wind like a knife... sort of.

031913.jpg

motor8.jpg

Monte

A-List Customer
Nice pics lately.
Alan, Awesome Stetson.
Al, stunning pics as usual.
Bowler, awesome condition for your namesake. Liner is wicked cool.
Eric, enjoyed the candids the other day.
HatsRme, nice light sage w/brown. Good combo. I must say we could take lessons on how to put patters together from you. Snappy outfit and REAL NICE hat.
I may wear a hat on the little drive to the farm today. Not gonna wear it around the greasy John Deere or around the cattle either.
Driving to farm to work on my wife's and my famous garden a couple summers ago....
Family2819_zps17943ba6.jpg

They're known for being nerdy, but they are major pranksters.
pw090.jpg

This Police cruiser was found on top of one of the MIT buildings in the 1980's I believe.
I remember seeing that one! Dis-assembled and then re-assembled on the roof of that building you were standing in front of. The dummy cop in the cruiser even had a cup of Dunky (Dunkin Donuts coffee) Yes, pranksters (they call it "hacking") they are.

My favorite was when they welcomed the new president to the school by completely hiding his office entry with phoney walls, fake doorways, trimwork and all. It was all installed secretly overnight for his first day. Poor man couldn't find his door, his office, or even understand what had happened to him untl they finally had to let the cat out of the bag. He'd been HACKED!

Isn't it wonderful what can be achieved when all those young, sharp, and evil (maybe not evil, just malevolent) minds collaborate...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo