Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Warmer and sunnier today, so I popped into Canterbury at lunchtime to pick up a new Panama. It's an inexpensive Olney, but the best Canterbury had on offer. The suede like sweat band seems to do a decent job, and the English blocking is better than on many of the cheap panamas that I've seen. It'll do.

Nice hats all today!

Mano thanks for your compliments. I like wide, medium and thin ribbons, but probably have the greater majority of thins compared to others. By the way, great Panama and the ribbon is perfect on it!

g.durand

One Too Many
Thanks for the heads up on that famous Mark Twain quote that never was, G.Durand. I've referenced it more than once myself. I did have the experience once of driving from Point Reyes to Sonoma and watching the temperature move from 55 to 100+. I think Mark Twain once referred to San Francisco as Buffalo on the Pacific. ;) (He is one of our more illustrious favorite sons).

Buffalo on the Pacific--never heard that one. Having spent some time in Western New York I would have to say that the similarities probabaly began fading away around the beginning of the 20th Century. The late SF Chronicle columnist Herb Caen often referred to San Francisco as Baghdad by the Bay. But that reference fell out of use with his demise and our overseas affairs during the last decade.

Anyway, back to hats. I broke out the Fed IV for the first time in many months. Great protection from the elements in my office.
photo_zps0e44c9af.jpg

Last edited:

Jedwbpm

One Too Many
To day was International Shriner Awareness Day and all Shriners were ask to wear our Fezes to work if it was appropriate. Could not think of a better place then DelMonico Hatter. Got a lot of complements from the customers
523613944f89a630bf1210538937a7a3_zps4ea763c6.jpg

Jeff
Living the Dream at
DelMonico Hatter

Andrew

New in Town
Don't know where to post this so here: My name is Andrew, been lurking for a long time and decided to start posting. I love hats and I believe this thread could use a bit of honest opinions as well as the usual compliments. Hope this is welcomed in here.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Jaxon Newsboy Cap

I can't believe these chilly mornings!...Stepping out this chilly morning wearing my Jaxon Newsboy...Getting ready to set out another tomato plant...btw casehopper, I love the look on the Squatter)

jaxon02redo.jpg

All great hats today, meeting or exceeding the usual amazing standard. And, although it IS Fawcett Friday, it is indeed also a fantastic Friday for fine formal Fez fashion! A well-deserved salute to the Shriners! My Fez is From Fez, Morrocco, circa July, 1975. A bit on the high (snug) side, now, though.

Two types of construction; Straw framed, or not...

Leather sweatbands, even...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GilbertHit