Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Galt

Vendor
Stetson Railbird.

8enynane.jpg

zuze3eru.jpg

Love this hat!

"Faint hat never won fair lady."

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That is nice John Galt. I don't know when those were produced but I swear William Powell was wearing one just like that in one of the "Thin Man" movies. I'll have watch it again to see if the brim stitching is there.

John Galt

Vendor
That is nice John Galt. I don't know when those were produced but I swear William Powell was wearing one just like that in one of the "Thin Man" movies. I'll have watch it again to see if the brim stitching is there.

David, Thanks! I do have a bunch of Velours! :)

JG, Great Stetson Railbird! Really like the heather felt colors and felt band!

Thanks fellas. Great hats all around!

(I have given up on individual comments on each hat).

I researched this hat once and recall that is was a crushable sports hat. Circa 1954, I think, and the subject of a TM lawsuit by Dobbs, which claimed Railbird was synonymous with Gamebird. I think Stetson was going more for the horse-racing crowd. I've never rolled it up - the sweat is pretty brittle - but it is a fantastic light weight heather that is every bit as soft as it looks. It is a favorite that I just dug out of a box...

ManofKent

Steve - beautiful velour

Dale - the cap looks good - nice curve to it.

Jeff - Lovely little Homburg - I like squarish shape

John - Lovely felt.

Thanks all for the comments on yesterday's hat. The felt creases by hand and holds all day, but returns to open crown with barely a push, and not a sign of a crease (usual lousy English sweatband though...).

David - Kendall Milne were Manchester's largest independent department store (then briefly owned by Harrods and now Fenwicks) - they've got a beautiful and very large Art Deco building.

Strapped-4-Cache

One Too Many
This thread is getting dangerous for me. I've finally managed to get some nice hats in tan, brown, black, charcoal and light grey. Now I'm feeling the need for green, eggplant, etc., etc. Oh, and I don't have a BSHW brand yet... or an Akubra. Man, those Stratoliners look nice.

My wife has tolerated my various acquisition disorders over the years: geocaching supplies, shaving paraphernalia, gaming equipment, etc. It seems I'll need to add another acronym to my list - HAD (Hat Acquisition Disorder). Unfortunately, it appears that this one requires more storage space than all of the others. :)

casechopper

Thanks ManofKent, Jeff, Mayserwegener & DJH,.

Nice texture to the felt on that Railbird John Galt.

DJH: Beautiful color on the Penman.

Hairy Selentino
IMG_0019.JPG
IMG_0022.JPG

IMG_0024.JPG

David the Black Cherry is just DREAMY, Man!

Perry's perfect! You look warmly bundled with that great lid! The Menard looks cozy today.

Sam that could be a seasonal Signature look for you... Love that topcoat/Selentino look!

Today seemed right for the ol' Royal Deluxe Stetson...

View attachment 6375

Last edited:

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
They are truly wonderfull pics the past days fellows. Excellent. I tip my hat in each of your direction this fine day.

Man O'Kent; Love your pics of late. The island weather appears to be an intriguing mix of changes and temps. Cheers!

John G.; Wonderfull brim work on that sharp hat.

David; The blazer, scarf and hat are a great combo. Sharp this cool morning.

Case; The overcoat and furry hat pair up to make you look very formidable today.

Charlie; I look forward to the pic of a hat paired with your mischievous grin each day. Cheers to you and the ol' Stetson.

Perry; The hat has flattering dimensions. You appear to be dressed to be toasty this morning.

JH; Bold cap that is very sharp with the fine leather jacket.

Here in Minnesota the 20'F morning has a blustery wind that bites thru my wool Pendleton 49'ers jacket. The ice covers the lake, but is not very thick and tends to break up with wind early winter. The noise at night can be eeiry to those unfamiliar with the winter lakes. I will be adding an overcoat to accompany my VS Wanderer (granite colored felt) this afternoon and evening. Art Fawcett created the hat to have a gymnastics theme, a "twist." The ribbon work is clever.

IMG_6742-M.jpg

IMG_6751-M.jpg

Staying warm this morning, Eric -

Last edited:

John Galt

Vendor
Beautiful hats all. I particularly like the Selentino & the Wanderer. Thanks also for your kind words re the Railbird.

ManofKent

David - lovely colour and shape

Sam - Perfect winter hat.

Perry - Looks great - it might be the photo angle but the crown looks a little taller and squarer than your usual choices.

Charlie - nice proportions with the wide ribbon. 1 7/8 brim or 2"?

Jhe88 - Always good to see a beret on here.

Eric - Beautiful wanderer, I love that ribbon. You've got it much colder than here, it's only starting to get cold and it's very much the English stop/start weather pattern.

ManofKent

Another green one today - one of the new Panizzas from RMR. Tried it brim up for a change, but I'm not sure I'm a brim up sort of person, or maybe brim up needs to be without a pinch...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo