Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

carter

I'll Lock Up
BobC said:
Can't beat those Campdrafts, carter. Nice one. Do you have a diamond in that one?

I do.
3058796452_b72d903cc6.jpg

Torpedo

One Too Many
Carter, I like that country look. It reminds me of the classic Westerns, too!

BobC, that Akubra is a fine choice, both in style and in colour.

IndyCop, you are hard to beat - it is unfair :eusa_clap , you have got a family which is actually accomplice to the hat thing!!! Nice look both of you!

Today my choice was pretty obvious... I had to try my new Whippet on!

I think it is 50's because of the smaller proportions. Seller defined the colour as "natural", it is a sandy shade, sandier than it looks in the attached photo. Coupled it with a suitable vintage tie, in a rich shade of beige, with dark brown and red brown accents, which I believe worked well, although in the photo the tie tones look, also, a bit off.

More photos in the "New hats" thread.

PICT0790-1.jpg

Regards!

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Torpedo said:
Today my choice was pretty obvious... I had to try my new Whippet on!

I think it is 50's because of the smaller proportions. Seller defined the colour as "natural", it is a sandy shade, sandier than it looks in the attached photo. Coupled it with a suitable vintage tie, in a rich shade of beige, with dark brown and red brown accents, which I believe worked well, although in the photo the tie tones look, also, a bit off.

Very nice, Torpedo. The color is great and it looks good on.

I can't imagine how you guys have the patience to wade through all the pages of hats on e-bay to find those gems, but I see the rewards here all the time.

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
First time I've seen one of those stingier brimmed Whippets modeled on someone. It looks better than I thought it would. You are one of the guys who can successfully wear a variety of brim sizes.

I would, however, put a finger to the top of that front pinch and press down a deeper groove, sort of drawing the front pinch forward some. It can give a high crowned hat like that an interesting radius to the top line from profile and a little reverse taper, if one likes that sort of thing.

Certainly not something I think you must try but it occurred to me that I would.

Here's what I mean shown on a deeply bashed Dobbs Hanover Square (pretty much a Whippet clone):

DSC_0048.jpg

DSC_0036.jpg

indycop

I'll Lock Up
BobC said:
Nice look, Dee. I guess the light wasn't on at Krispy Kream this time?
Thanks a lot Bob, once you planted those 2 words in the mind they took hold and grew!:mad: lol

First thing this morning, 2 dozen Krispys, 2 clearance shirts, medium coffee, and a coke later.

And YES the light was on!

PB270193.jpg

Viper Man

Banned
indycop said:
Thanks a lot Bob, once you planted those 2 words in the mind they took hold and grew!:mad: lol

First thing this morning, 2 dozen Krispys, 2 clearance shirts, medium coffee, and a coke later.

PB270193.jpg

Nice cap, IC. Is that a B!Wear? Today I'm wearing my black Cavanagh. It's relatively new (to me), has a cool purple tinted ribbon, and a wider brim (2 3/8") than I usually see on these. It's shown here with the brim up.

344918224.jpg

indycop

I'll Lock Up
It's actually a Jaxon, I think I paid less than $20 for it. I wish I could have the brim from this one on my B Wear. I think I am going to go with one from hat people next.

Nice Cav!:eusa_clap

MCrider

A-List Customer
My beater

As I posted today in the "Your Hat Likes it Rough" thread, I only have one beater hat and today was it's day. Had to do some running for those last minute items for Thanksgiving and also had to clean up a few things around the house to get ready for guests. It's old and has a few stains here and there, but I wouldn't trade it for the world.
Stetsonbeaterthanksgiving08.jpg

MCrider

A-List Customer
HMMMmm?

Well Carter, I'm glad a picture of me in rumpled flannel and my beater made your hat of the day!
lol lol lol

Spiffy though? I think not HarpPlayerGene. :) But I will accept the compliment sir. Although if you think I look spiffy today, I'd be near irresistable all dressed up! Stand back Ladies and Gentleman as my head starts to swell!
:eek:

BobC

indycop said:

PB270193.jpg

lol lol lol lol I LIKE that shirt. And the cap looks good with it. lol lol lol

BobC

Today was a Campdraft day. My brother and I fried two turkeys, and I thought I was being really careful, but when I got home there were three or four small grease splatters on my silverbelly. I gave them a good rubbing with a dry cleaning pad and then gave the hat a good brushing, and now the spots are gone.

IMG_0481.jpg

Fatdutchman

Practically Family
I've been in a cap wearing mood recently. Besides, it is a more practical piece of headgear for me. Hanna 8pc cap and my horsehide jacket.

I'm going to try one of the Hatpeople caps...

Mr. Paladin

That is a really nice Adams, bolthead; I like the flair of the brim. You wear it very well.

BobC, sharp in the Campdraft, as ever!

Nothing like a good hat that shows its frequent use and care, MCrider.

Torpedo, I have never seen a Whippet with a short brim like that. Classy hat!

Indycop & family-you guy (and gals) have it all together in those!

And, RBH, you look really sharp in that one. I like those hats with the wide binding and the ribbon looks good on it.

Hope everyone had a safe and great Thanksgiving!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomW