Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Nice pics of you and your daughter Teach! Nice hat too!
Joao, Do you have a chin cord on that fine Western? One good wind and that big Black hat is airborne!

On this frigid cold a$$ day from Central Ohio I'm sportin' my 4X Resistol conversion again. Now that I have one, I don't seem to want an Indy type fedora as badly as I thought I did. John Galt did a top notch job on the conversion and the hat quality is definitely substantial. I just don't like it as much as I thought I would, personal taste issue. Not sure what I'll do with this one yet as far as keeping it, selling it, or trading it....

0oeg.jpg

Last edited:
I really like it, Mr. Jones. It looks good on you, color and all. :yo:

Agreed,

Nice Mallory Harv.

To Ole:
You have an interesting point, I know somewhat facetious but:
Amish do have cell phones. I believe certain Orders have restrictions against pictures, but I have seen apparently sanctioned pictures of the Amish.
As far as PCs, I believe some are used in Amish businesses which also may have electric power, but not in homes.
It's all very hazy to me.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
mach1, hatophile, Thanks guys. I appreciate the comments.

mach1, Awesome Mallory! Really nice!

hatophile, There's an Amish sect, Mennonites, who use power tools, drive trucks and cars, and wear more modern but very modest attire. Plenty of those in my area. We worked with them on a construction site. They built the houses we roofed. Their work was very precise. I see them along roadsides during the harvest season selling corn, beans, tomatoes, and other vegetables out of the back of their pick ups.

Same, Mennonites here also. Both very hard workers and good at construction and woodworking. They built the barn at the property we live now and that baby ain't going nowwhere.
Black hats in winter, straw in summer.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Looks great Joao, without your mustache you could pass for Amish here in Ohio.
Now I can begin to worry...

- but I wonder, if a selfie would get an Amish Joao in trouble ... or would any other Amish ever see it? I don't know the exact rules on cell-phones and PCs? :)
I use a Macintosh? Amish? No such thing here.

Joao, Do you have a chin cord on that fine Western? One good wind and that big Black hat is airborne!
No it doesn't have. It already wanted to fly away but I catch it before lift off :)
I like the color of your indy conversion.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Well ... Macintosh or PC ... I think both backdoors and windows are allowed to Amish people :D
In Portugal everyone needs a computer or someone with a computer to help them. The government made a system that it is all made in the computer. Need this? Go to this website. Need that? Go to that website. Almost all invoices are computer generated.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Joao
No it doesn't have. It already wanted to fly away but I catch it before lift off
I like the color of your indy conversion.

Ha! Lucky you were quick enough to catch it! Otherwise that fine Western may have ended up over here in the States!...on an Amish guy's head! ;) ...thanks for the comment on my Resistol conversion.

Kingrat
Mr. Jones are you nuts ,the hat looks outstanding you . Don't you dare get rid of it. Kingrat
Thanks buddy. I'm still up in the air about what I'm going to do with it, whether to keep the hat or to trade it off. John Galt did a really nice job on it and the hat is top notch quality. The super soft sweat band that John put in it makes this hat real comfortable to wear. It's just a personal taste issue. It would make a very nice addition to anybody's collection. If I decide to trade it I would definitely want something substantial in return.

Hamilcar, Very nice Portis buddy!

Nice one DJH, love the color of that one.
Looking sharp all around HamilcarBarca3
The name says it all Mayserwegener! Nice snow shot too.
Wearing the Mallory well 1Mach1
Keep the Indy hat TJ. It really suits you, and as much as I love silverbelly hats, it's good to have some variety.
Good look Joao. I always enjoy your posts. That yellow building in the background in some of your shots reminds me a whole lot of an apt. I lived in briefly in Kiev. European architecture is so different than what is around where I live now.
Historyteach24 that is a fantastic couple of Lillys you've got there. I'll bet I know which one's your favorite. You are very blessed.
Hats-R-Me it looks cold there, but that cossack style seems to be working. Gotta cultivate the droopy mustache with that one.
Good looking Buckaroo Bowlerman. Looks pretty cold there too.
Carlota and more snow! I'd say that's a great combination, but only the hat is great.
Excellent O.R. Hatophile. Not a commonly seen color - that one's a prize.
Beautiful silverbelly Wanderer O.G. Nice snow too.
Hatguy I don't know where the photo went but your fur hat looks like the ticket. I'm wishing I had one of those this morning. No snow here (thankfully) but it is Coooold.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Strapped-4-Cache

One Too Many
Another cold day requiring the topcoat. I had a few minutes to stand still for some pics in order to decide between the fedora and the bowler again.

G-Man shot:
de0533f7-806a-4af6-a6b1-9df05bd36d0f_zps429c95ab.png

Jeeves shot:
802f9f6f-c771-4fb5-87e5-80367483d4e3_zpsce433214.png

The fedora won again on this mighty cold morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats