Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Finally some time to relax as this have been some crazy days.

That is a BIG brim Joao!
Joao, It looks massive from that angle!!
Only 4.5" of brim ;)

Joao, I thought you had the biggest brim until Phineas showed up.
Can't win them all!

That is a huge brim, Joao! Looks like a spaceship! ;)
A flying saucer so I can go to the US ;)

Looking good Joao.

That photo reminded me of someone but I couldn't quite put my finger on it & then it came to me.........
James Purefoy in ' Blackbeard, terror at sea'.....

He wore a cool hat too.
Thank you. My beard is not that long ;)
And I'm not a fan of tricorns... why fold the brim... where is the element protection?

I think Joao is on to something with the 2 hat day
[...]
Heck, I might do a third tonight!
So many nice hats, only one head to wear them... I almost can wear a different hat everyday and return to the first one 2 months later!
Sometimes I do 3 hat day but for a short period of time...

frussell

One Too Many
Slacker - congratulations. I've got a one month old new addition. Hard to find fedoras for him. Don't worry though, my two and 1/2 year old is getting into all the fedoras I bought when he was born in a big way. He's even got two deadstock Stratoliners. It'll come! Frank.

That is one nice looking Resistol, Jeff!
Beautiful Simmonds, Mike.
Great hats, Tommy!!

Dunhill straw today

cdf8e7d01ef59080361313db59f53425.jpg

Last edited:

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
David, very nice VS. Looks like a blue undertone?

Greg, I really like that one!

Slacker, your cap is anything but. Great photo, and congrats!

Jeff, that's a great looking Resistol my friend!

Mike, sharp cap!

Tommy, now that's an awesome ribbon on the Dobbs. Swell Stetson too!

Harv, interesting ribbon.. I like it!

Joao, it just might be. Looks great!

----------

Greg's Borsalino inspired me to wear mine. 1940s Alessandria.

hypagu4u.jpg

g.durand

One Too Many
Sweet Borsa, Justin.

Nice Friday display, guys.

suitedcowboy---I'm speechless! But I like it.

A late drop-in for me. I broke out the Whippet for the first time in a while for an after-work walk.
photo23_zps82b798ed.jpg

SOooo nice, Gdurand!

Another night owl here, but then it's tough to sleep when you have a new VS made from Art's NOS felts from the early 1950's. Color: Mahoot. Brim: 2-1/4" dimensional, w/underwelt. Vintage ribbon.

GregNYC

One Too Many
David, is that a gill-style bow on the Dove VS?

Mike, that cap is sharp! You and Man of Kent and Kenneth have me thinking about caps now. I don't have even a one!

Justin, I have to hand it to the vintage hats for that great broad ribbon. I don';t have too much experience sampling the felt quality, but I hear it's fantastic in hats from the 40s and 50s!

G.D., nice hat for a walk! I like the bow too. It has some three-dimensionality, it's not flattened out

Charlie, I really like your taste in brims that aren't too wide and aren't exactly stingy either. Very sharp!

Last edited:
...And I'm not a fan of tricorns... why fold the brim... where is the element protection?...
The same strong winds that propelled the ships in those days could potentially force the wide brims downward into the wearers' faces obscuring their vision--not desirable under the best of circumstances, less so when you're trying to control a ship in stormy weather or defending your life in a battle. So they secured the brims to the crowns to prevent that from happening. Why they wore them in the first place, other than it being the style/fashion of the times, I have no idea.

Justin, GDurand, and Greg, Thank you gents for your comments!

This was an exciting lid to receive.

Greg you are at the point in your collection when a little variety in brim width is also MANDATED. That's a 2-1/4" dimensional brim on mine today. Stingies really don't give us what we (or our Dermatologists) need... But, I do have a couple!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff